Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Rose Quartz and Serenity


I have to thank the Instagram style challenge #wearwhatwherejanurary for today's outfit (read more about this month's style challenge here).  I found the one item of clothing in my closet that was sort rose colored for the prompt Rose Quartz & Serenity and went from there. While this isn't something I would normally just throw together, I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Just goes to show, sometimes it's good to step out of your comfort zone. Not that wearing sweaters, scarves and puffers is out of my comfort zone, 'cause ya'll know I've been wearing them non-stop, more the color combination of rose, garnet and navy.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I didn't realize until AFTER the prompt that rose quartz and serenity are the 2016 Pantone colors of the year. I'm a  designer and I completely missed that one. *mentally slaps hand on forehead* But I guess inadvertently nailed this style challenge because it's a warm rose tone paired with a cooler blue...blush and navy are pretty darn close!



Sweater: Loft (see options below)
Puffer vest: J. Crew Factory (similar)
Cords: Loft (similar on sale!)
Booties: Vince Camuto (exact)
Scarf: Charming Charlie (see options below)
Necklace: J. Crew Factory (fun alternative)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Rings: Chloe and Isabel (exact)


blush sweater optionsSweater options $35-$70 (with sales):
   one  |  two (only $35!) |  three  |  four


Scarf options:
one  |  two  |  three  |  four (my favorite!)

// Today I'm linking up with the Pleated Poppy for What I Wore. //

4 comments:

  1. I can get with this color pink. I'm not super thrilled about the colors of the year since I'm not excited about pastels, but I do like light pink. These colors look great together and on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my favorite Pantone combo either. They have a kind of early 90s vibe to me. I distinctly remember my stepmom's kitchen being done up in these shades when my parents got together 20+ years ago. *shudder*

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I don't love the Pantone colors this year either. I guess they're trying to go for something less bold than the previous years? But bold is my thing!

    Your pairing works super well here, though...so I guess I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer bold as well. For whatever reason two colors instead of one bugs me. lol

      Delete