Monday, January 11, 2016

Dots, Plaid and Herringbone


I have been (sort of) doing this month's Wear What Where challenge on Instagram. It's great because you get a month full of prompts that takes the guess-work out of what to wear for the day and it's great opportunity to meet other fashion savvy ladies and get some great outfit inspiration. It's super easy, all you have to do is follow the prompts any way you wish and use the hashtag #wearwhatwherejanuary. There's an opportunity for win some really awesome prizes if you follow the month's hosts and make your account public. I haven't done it every day this month, (though I did in October) and that's the great thing about it, you participate when you can, there's no rule that says you have to do it every day.

I wore this last week when the prompt was "Are You My Plaid?" and I LOVE how it turned out! The peek of red plaid is fun, the dotted sweater almost acts like a neutral and since it was cold, (50s in Florida is cold for us!) I threw on the puffer vest at last minute for a little extra warmth. I'm still recovering from my surgery incisions, so, no kidding, I wore these ponte pants all week long and they were so, so comfortable. They feel like leggings, but are thicker with a nice stretch. If you're looking for a pant that's like a legging but thicker, I highly recommend these from Loft.



Sweater: J. Crew (similar)
Top: Old Navy (similar)
Vest: J. Crew Factory (cute plaid version)
Ponte pants: Loft (exact)
Boots: Arturo Chiang (exact in limited sizes, lovely alternative)
Necklace: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Pave link bracelet: J. Crew Factory (exact)  |  Pearl cuff: Moorea Seal (similar)
Ring: Pandora (exact)


I do believe this is my favorite outfit so far for 2016. Further proof that I don't belong in Florida; I should live somewhere that's cool enough for layers most of the year...though I can't say I envy all you folks who are getting snow this week. I'll stick to our highs in the 50s thank you very much. :) Though I guess I wouldn't mind seeing a snowflake or two, it's been 10+ years since I've seen real snow. Crazy.




10 comments:

  1. Looking for a new pair of ponte pants. How do you think these run size wise and length? Thx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine in an XL and I think they run pretty true to size. I purchased mine back in September and have since lost 20lbs and they still fit, thank goodness for stretch! They're more of a crop length. I'm 5'5'' and they hit right above my ankle bone.

      Delete
    2. I'm a size 16 (US), would you recommend I get the XL as well?

      Delete
    3. I think it would depend on your leg shape and waist. I have larger thighs and calves, so an XL is perfect for me. If you have thinner legs, you probably could get away with a L since these pants have good stretch. The XL fit me at a size 18, I'm now down to a 16 and they still fit. I hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. If I didn't have to wear scrubs, this is exactly what I would be wearing today in our 40ish degree weather. The winter is my favorite time of year for the cold weather and layers. I almost had to bust out the mittens today. The colors in that plaid are perfect. And your boots are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had frost on the ground this morning and I could see my breath, so it's pretty cold for Florida. Thankfully I haven't had to break out the mittens yet either! I went to Disney several Januaries ago and it was was so cold there were mittens and winter coats; Florida weather can be so quirky!

      Delete
  3. Fun! Love all these textures and patterns. (And do not love my several inches of snow... fingers numb from shoveling!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up in Tennessee, we only got a major snow every couple of years. School was canceled and everyone bunkered down and waited for it to melt, no shoveling required. :) My dad is from Michigan and couldn't understand it, why not just shovel, sprinkle some salt on the roads and go on with business as usual. Two years ago in Florida we got a little ice and everything shut down, no school, the roads closed, it was seriously bizarre.

      Delete
  4. Love the mix of patterns and the pearls! Looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn! I love cooler weather so you can play with lots of layers and patterns. :)

      Delete