Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Currently

Currently I am...

resolving: to be less stressed! At the end of the year, I was stressed about everything: work, family, blog, the Holidays, you name it, I was worrying about it. It all came to a head when I got sick and ended up in the hospital the week of Christmas. While I don't think I had problems with my gallbladder because of stress, it certainly didn't help, and made me realize I was choosing to focus on the wrong things and that I needed to eliminate some of the stress in my life so I can be a happier wife, momma and friend.

readingAfter You by Jojo Moyes. The prequel to this book, Me Before You is so, so good, though the ending is incredibility sad, so I'm hoping After You ends a little happier. Moyes is definitely one of my favorite recent author discoveries, she's an amazing storyteller.

organizing: my closet. This may sound silly, but my unorganized closet has been a huge source of stress. I plan on doing a post about the clean out in the coming weeks, but had to push everything back since I didn't get to clean out my closet as planned during the holiday break. I plan on tackling some of it this weekend, but have a feeling it's going to take awhile to get it put together just right. :) As part of the reorganization, I picked up these velvet hangers from Target. I've been using wooden hangers, but they take up so much room and the clothes still fall off of them, so I'm hoping velvet hangers will work a little better!

loving: my sweet family. My husband was such a rock while I was out sick and has been so good with our daughter while I was out of commission. Today is my husband's birthday, so happy birthday my love! We both took off of work this Friday (hooray for a short work week) so we could do something fun for his birthday while the kiddo is in daycare. I'm pretty sure I see Star Wars in my near future...

craving: peach cobbler. My appetite has slowly returned after surgery, and for whatever reason, cobbler with a big scope of vanilla ice cream sounds so good. I even had my husband pick some up from Sonny's last night, but I was too full after dinner to eat it. Sadness. Good thing it'll keep for a couple of days since there will be delicious dark fudge birthday cake tonight!

I'm excited to link up with Anne and Jenna for January Currently. For those unfamiliar, every month Anne and Jenna present a series of prompts which you can interpret anyway you wish. Be sure to head over to their pages and check out all the linkups!

8 comments:

  1. Eliminating stress is the hardest thing, especially when there are so many thing that you want to get done! I hope you were at least able to take it easy for part of the break and recover. I try to keep my closet organized too. When you can't find something or have trouble seeing what you have, it always creates a mental fog for me and I end up wearing the same things over and over. Having a clean house makes me feel less stressed too. It's just one less thing to worry about. Velvet hangers have always been my favorites. Right now, my husband and I both have plastic hangers and those just make a mess and are just as bulky as wooden. Can't wait to see the after pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, I did get a chance to rest and recover. My husband was great about taking care of the house and baby so I could take it easy. My closet it out of control: there's the closet, the laundry room and the pile in front of the closet (should I admit to that?) that I have to search through every morning to get ready, so I'm definitely looking forward to some organization. You're right, an organized house helps relieve stress!

      Delete
  2. Definitely agree with an unorganized closet leading to stress! I am also now craving cobbler now that you mentioned it!
    -
    stethoscopesscrubsandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got your cobbler, or the craving passed, though I don't know of any baked fruit deliciousness that I've managed to pass up. :)

      Delete
  3. Yay, a day date is the best! Nice to have birthdays for an excuse to do that. And I have the same hangers - weird how much of a happy difference they make in your closet. Also, it helped me do a closet cleanout when I bought them because I purposely bought not quite enough, so I had to get rid of a few things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you have the same hangers and like them. So far I've been really pleased with them...they really do make a difference! Day dates really are the best. Thank goodness for daycare. :)

      Delete
  4. Me before you was soon sad! I dont think I have what it takes to read another of her books!
    Organizing is definitely on my plan for this week :)
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about 3/4 of the way through After You and definitely worth the read. It's a much happier book in general, and I haven't felt like I need a box of tissues the whole time. I've read several of Moyes books and none of them are as depressing as Me Before You.

      I started my closet organization this weekend and I'm pretty horrified about how much stuff I had lurking in my closet. It feels good to do a purge, though it's hard to say goodbye to some of the items that have a memory attached to them, but no longer fit or are dated. Silly things like bridesmaid dresses I know I'll never wear again, the dress I wore to my college graduate that's three sizes too small, or a top I wore on my honeymoon that's no longer in style. I get weirdly attached to clothes.

      Delete