Monday, January 25, 2016

Copycat

I saw the most perfect red sweater, black pencil skirt and riding boot outfit on the lovely Megan from Hayes Days and was immediately like, yes, yes, must copy! It's kind of funny, when she posted her outfit, she mentioned that she thought her look wasn't that interesting, but I thought it was incredibly cute. It made me think about some of my outfits I think are so blah that I hesitate to even post them, but then I get a ton of compliments, so maybe it's a case of we see ourselves differently than others see us? Maybe?

I like this outfit, but I still think Megan wore it better. It's her peek of red socks that really makes the outfit, and don't think I didn't look all over town as well as the Internet for the perfect tall red socks before admitting sock defeat and forging ahead with my shameless copying sans socks. One of my favorite things about fashion blogs...endless inspiration. Thanks Megan for being today's muse! :)

Sweater: J. Crew Factory (exact in limited sizes and other colors)
Skirt: Loft (exact)
BootsArturo Chiang (exact in limited sizes, lovely alternative)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Watch: Fossil (exact)
Cuff bracelet: Baublebar (cute alternative) Pave link bracelet: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)



8 comments:

  1. I saw this on Megan's post and thought it was really cute. I love the red and the black together. It is really simple, yet classic. I have a hard time doing skirts as I am an elementary school librarian and the bending and squatting is not easy in a skirt, but I am trying them out a lot more since I see you wear them frequently. I just try to do them on the days I won't be on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand that! On the days I know I'm going to taking photos for work, setting up for an event, or moving stuff around I always wear pants.

      Delete
  2. Very nice and classic look. I like your hair style.o)

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Every once in awhile I'll take the time to curl my hair. Most of the time it's too humid and I'm too lazy to mess with it. :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, totally true about a little outside perspective! It took a while for me to embrace that with simple outfits like this. I always think they look so chic on other people but then worry about them being boring on me... I like how graphic this look is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably wouldn't have tried it if I hadn't seen Megan rocking it first! :)

      Delete
  4. I had to go back and check out Megan's outfit...and then I immediately remembered. Because her "basic skirt" had a zipper in the back, which totally distracted me so much (in a good way) that I failed to even notice the socks.

    I love your take on this outfit too! Sometimes simple is just better. And maybe it's because my high school colors are red and black, but I've always got a soft spot for them together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zipper was pretty great. Sometimes it's the little details that make a simple outfit special.

      Delete