Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Add a Little Sparkle


I'm convinced that a little sparkle is the perfect pick-me-up. Well, that and extra large caramel lattes, my toddler's giggles, red velvet cake and a new shoes. How can you not feel a little joy in a shirt sprinkled with sequins?

This top has been making the rounds on the internet since before Christmas, and I couldn't wait to join the ranks of blogger cliche. I hopped over to J. Crew Factory and was heartbroken to discover my size was completely sold and stayed sold out. Then a few weeks ago J. Crew Factory had a huge 50% off clearance sale. Apparently the shopping gods where with me because the shirt was there. IN.MY.SIZE. and 50% off. I snagged it and the most gorgeous wool coat (for only $55) and rushed to checkout before my beautiful shirt could go out of stock again. Anyway, it obviously made it to me since I'm wearing it in pictures today. Hooray for shopping success!

Shirt. J. Crew Factory (exact in limited sizes, cute alternative)
Sweater: Loft (similar open cardigan)
Jeans: American Eagle (very similar)
Booties: Vince Camuto (exact in limited sizes, cute alternative)
Clutch: Clare V. (exact)
Belt: Target (exact)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Watch: Target (upgrade, steal)
Ring: Pandora (exact)

These American Eagle jeans are another recent purchase. They feel like leggings they're so soft, stretchy and comfortable. Word of warning though, wash these jeans before wearing...I didn't and had blue finger nails and a little bit of dye rubbed off on my booties. I'm hoping that a damp cloth and Dawn will remove the dye. Otherwise I'm going to be ticked my $19 jeans discolored my $150 shoes. :( Suggestions on how to remove blue dye from suede?

I'm sharing a bit more about my recent denim, shirt and coat purchases (among others) tomorrow with my January budget recap. Spoiler, it was a month to spend all the monies. Darn sales. Amazing for my wardrobe, terrible for my budget. 



//  Sharing on Wore I Wore.  //

7 comments:

  1. I love this fun look! The clutch is a must-have!!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of my favorite purchases. I originally worried I wouldn't carry it very much since my go-to bag in ginormous, but it's pretty versatile and fits more than I thought it would.

      Delete
  2. Great outfit! You made me realize that I need to try putting one of my striped shirts with a burgundy cardigan I've got. Thanks!

    I'm wondering about your jeans-- I really like them. I've never shopped at American Eagle. The link goes to legging-type jeans but yours are not leggings (I like yours much better!). Just curious if yours are more of a skinny jean type or maybe girlfriend type? I'm on the curvy side & leggings look horrible on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say they're more of a skinny type vs. a girlfriend. If I didn't cuff them, they'd be super tight at the ankle. Sadly, my jeans are now only available in sizes 0 and 2, but here's the link: https://m.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=0432_9329_918&cid=aeo_aff_1909792&fromDetail=true
      To me they feel like leggings they're so stretchy and soft, but they have all the details of jeans. The ones I linked above where the closest I could find that were available in multiple sizes. I hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute look! I happen to have items very similar in my wardrobe, so I am definitely pinning this for future outfit inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete