Amazing what a difference a few months can make! :)
- Alissa is killing it with her post on weight gain and loving ourselves at any size.
- I love reading all the Budgeting Blogger recaps on Franish!
- Over-the-moon excited about Anne and Jenn's new linkup announcement - Mom Style: A Real-Life Remix. The idea is to use the functional items of a real-life mom wardrobe - like sneakers, jeans and T-shirts - and show how they can be worn stylishly. The first linkup is Tuesday, February 9 and the theme is jeans.
On the Teal and Polka Dots:
- On the blog: Sharing a little bit about what's in my closet and starting off a new year of budgeting.
- On Instagram: My weekend momiform...made 100x better with the addition of this reversible scarf, 40% off at Loft!
- On Twitter: People need to learn the rules of the road. Just saying...
- Extra 40% off sale at The Limited (no code required)
- How pretty are the button back details on this cobalt blue sweater?
- Majorly crushing on this black lace pencil skirt.
- I'm not sure I can pull-off black velvet skinny pants, but they look so polished and comfy - someone get them and rock them so I can live vicariously through you!
- Extra 60% off sale at the Loft (no code required)
- Adore this neutral striped cardigan.
- The prettiest lavender pocket blouse. I tried this on in a L store and the color is so much prettier in real-life than it looks online. Sadly I need an XL, which wasn't available in store, otherwise I would have bought it!
- Professional, yet fun, garnet pencil pants. I tried these on in store in a different color and think they run large...a 14 fit...I can't remember the last time I fit a 14 anything at the Loft. But, seriously wouldn't these three items together make an awesome outfit? Maybe with this scarf to tie everything together?
- 50% off everything at J. Crew Factory (prices as marked)
- I really like the look and wash of this chambray shirt. I have one from the Loft, but the fit's never been quite right, so I think it's time to find a replacement. I'm definitely ordering this one to try.
- Love the sassy, girly bows on these neutral flats.
- Every closet needs a pink gingham button-down shirt, right?
- What I'm watching: Kid you not, we have four movies going right now: Minions, Mockingjay Part I, School of Life and The Nanny Dairies. Maybe one of these days we'll manage to finish one. Maybe...
- What I'm crushing on: Watching Age of Adeline and Lisa's lovely flatlay has renewed my love for brooches! I love this star pair set (I just got them in the mail and they're gorgeous in real-life) and have a case of the wants for this firecracker trio and vintage-inspired pearl and gold-leaf pin.
- What I'm looking forward to: Not having a sick kiddo. Poor thing has been sick since Wednesday with a fever, runny nose and cough that keeps her up almost all night. I took her to the doctor on Thursday and she is slowly starting to get better. We're all on night four of no sleep and beyond ready for some relief!
- Coming up on the blog: February Currently on Wednesday and a recap of my first month of Project 366 (the coolest project where you take a photo everyday for a year).