- As a relatively new blogger, I really appreciate Nina from Law of Fashion's reflection on her first year of blogging. She has a ton of great advice!
- Got a chuckle or two out of Alissa's humorous post on how she almost missed her best friend's wedding shower.
- Confession: I've found myself more stressed out than usual this holiday season, but thankfully Merrick's post on importance of taking care of ourselves during the holidays came just at the right time!
On Teal and Polka Dots:
- On the blog: 12 Outfits for Christmas (with a dash of red thrown in).
- On Instagram: Pattern making crazy in buffalo plaid, pearls and polkas dots.
- On Pinterest: Getting all kinds of inspired for our (hopefully very soon) bedroom/closet makeover!
Favorite Sales (Last minute Christmas Gift-Giving Edition):
If you're like me and still have a few gifts to buy, there are a few retailers that are guaranteeing Christmas delivery. My picks are:
- 50% off at J. Crew Factory + guaranteed holiday delivery (if you order by 12/21)
- For him: the perfect canvas laptop bag, polo shirts perfect for work or weekend and comfy navy check pj bottoms.
- Her her: The cutest snow leopard clutch, a gold embroidered red sweater (want, *hint* *hint*) and polka dot pj bottoms.
- For the kiddos: Christmas morning pjs for him and her, winter ready with the cutest scarf and gloves for her and mustache infinity scarf and gloves for him, stylish with this glitter wristlet for her and dapper with this check bow tie for him.
- For the home: The cutest mugs and coasters.
- Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime
- For him: This retro Crossley portable turntable.
- For her: This gorgeous red Kate Spade jewelry box (with a pair of jet black Kate Spade studs) I'll take both please!
- For the kiddos: This Fijifilm Instax Mini 8 Film Camera (can I get one too?) and don't forget the extra film for Christmas morning!
- For the home: This cool Umbra Grid Art Frame (on my wishlist as well!)
- 40% at Old Navy with code GINORMOUS + free holiday shipping (order by 12/21)
- For him: A warm, plaid scarf; cozy sweater; and travel-read with this wool duffel bag.
- For her: This fun, patterned sweater; cute metallic cross-body bag; and in love with this reversible blanket scarf.
- For the kiddos: A zip-fleece hoodie for him and gold polka dot terry pullover for her; striped, ribbed pullover for him and adorable red, fair isle sweater for her: matching fleece scarf and gloves for him and patterned scarf and gloves for her.
- For the home: The softest-looking fleece blanket.
- What I'm making: Cookies for my co-workers and the kiddos' daycare teachers! I got the cutest metal tins from Michael's yesterday for 60% off, so they came out to something like 50 cents a piece. There's a coupon today for 20% off your purchase including sale, so you can get them even cheaper than I did! I also picked up some polka dot craft paper and ribbon for a steal. It's worth stopping by your local Michael's to check it out. :)
- What I'm watching: All the Christmas movies: The Muppet's Christmas Carol, Little Women (not technically Christmas, but still my favorite time of year to watch), Elf, Love Actually...what are you favorite Christmas movies?
- Coming up on the blog: With all the Christmas crazy, it's going to be a simple week with some outfit posts and a Merry Christmas post featuring our latest family photo shoot (spoiler, the little one totally - and rightfully - steals the show!).