Sunday, December 13, 2015

Thoughts and Whatnots 12.13.15

Wellies for the win:  one   //  two  //  three

Blog Love:
  • I'm fascinated with the idea of a collapsible wardrobe, but it's always seemed like more trouble than it's worth and limiting. However, Paige from Style this Life makes it look super easy and doable with her Capsule Math Wardrobe Calculator post.
  • Briana from Work Clothes, I Suppose has announced her Third Thursday Threads theme: holiday outfits! I have a great post planned for this linkup, so fingers-crossed it works out (it all comes down to finding time to snap photos).

On Teal and Polka Dots:
  • On Instagram: Tacky sweaters are expensive, why not go with a tee for your next tacky sweater party? I found ours for $4 in the men's section at Walmart and added a bunch of embellishments from my arts-and-crafts stash. 
  • On Twitter: Seriously my job is the best. Especially on days where I get paid to play with glitter!
Favorite Sales:
    • you could easily wear this navy fan-dotted ivory top layered under a blazer or cardi this winter, or by itself come spring (or right now if you live in Florida like me), and
    • this lovely check coatigan. It would be perfect for the holidays with jeans and booties or with your best Christmas dress. 
  • 40% off at Ann Taylor with code WISH (or 50% off with an Ann Taylor card)
  • 50% off full price items at The Limited (no code required)
  • 50% off  at J. Crew Factory (no code required)

Personal: 
  • What I'm watching: We're still plugging our way through the Harry Pottery movies. Usually, they're a fall/ Halloween watch, but since we've only been watching 20-30 minutes after the small one goes to bed (before crashing from sheer exhaustion) it's taking a bit longer to watch them all. :)  
  • What I'm reading: I devoured Tricky Twenty Two by Janet Evonovich in about two days. What a super fun read! I haven't found my next book yet, but am still knitting away on my shawl when I have free time. I *think* I'm finally halfway through. Whew, I had no idea it was going to be such a time-intensive project! 
  • What I'm crushing on: Love, love love the idea of these gold box photo frames. I've been obsessed with doing a photo gallery wall for our hallways for ages, and these gold frames would be PERFECT for showcasing little bit's artwork. I love that you can easily swap out picture without taking the frame off the wall.  

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the linkup plug - excited to see your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Pin to Present, such a great idea! I can't wait to linkup this week. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww Erin what a delightful post and I love the pics of you wearing your Wellies you look gorgeous, I will deffo be going to work with my Wellies on tomorrow whatever the weather and I will be thinking of you.
    Much Love
    Julie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for wellies! It's supposed to rain several times this week, so I'm excited to get lots of wear out of my Hunters!

      Delete
  3. Erin, Thanks so much for the Blog Love!! :) Could you be any cuter in your Hunters - love the burgundy/navy/gray color scheme that's going on up there. I never in a gabillion years thought the Capsule Wardrobe would work for me, but I'm really enjoying the simplicity right now. xoxo, Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime, I love you blog! :) I'm going to have to put some serious thought into a capsule wardrobe. I feel like most mornings I run around like a crazy person struggling to figure out what to wear (and searching for that one item that will make it perfect, but is lost the abyss of my closet)!

      Delete