- Are you like me and waited until the last mminute to take Christmas card photos? Audrey from Putting Me Together has a great post on what to wear for family photos. We just got ours taken yesterday by Ariel Blackmon Photography, and I can't wait to see how they turned out!
- I'm fascinated with the idea of a collapsible wardrobe, but it's always seemed like more trouble than it's worth and limiting. However, Paige from Style this Life makes it look super easy and doable with her Capsule Math Wardrobe Calculator post.
- Briana from Work Clothes, I Suppose has announced her Third Thursday Threads theme: holiday outfits! I have a great post planned for this linkup, so fingers-crossed it works out (it all comes down to finding time to snap photos).
On Teal and Polka Dots:
- On the blog: All warm and snuggly with a tartan plaid scarf, black dress and booties.
- On Instagram: Tacky sweaters are expensive, why not go with a tee for your next tacky sweater party? I found ours for $4 in the men's section at Walmart and added a bunch of embellishments from my arts-and-crafts stash.
- On Twitter: Seriously my job is the best. Especially on days where I get paid to play with glitter!
- 40% off 40 favorites at Boden (no code required)
- My picks are this gorgeous sky blue vintage bead dress (perfect for New Years),
- I'm slightly obsessed with these black velvet embellished T-bar flats,
- you could easily wear this navy fan-dotted ivory top layered under a blazer or cardi this winter, or by itself come spring (or right now if you live in Florida like me), and
- this lovely check coatigan. It would be perfect for the holidays with jeans and booties or with your best Christmas dress.
- 40% off at Ann Taylor with code WISH (or 50% off with an Ann Taylor card)
- My favorites are these jewel toe black suede flats,
- throw-on-and-go diamond dot wrap dress, and
- this festive navy and cream sequin stripe sweater. Hooray for sparkles and stripes!
- 50% off full price items at The Limited (no code required)
- 50% off at J. Crew Factory (no code required)
- My idea of the perfect casual Christmas Day outfit would be these distressed boyfriend jeans,
- paired with a navy and green plaid tuxedo top (perfect for hiding food babies),
- and a blingly necklace to add some holiday sparkle!
- What I'm watching: We're still plugging our way through the Harry Pottery movies. Usually, they're a fall/ Halloween watch, but since we've only been watching 20-30 minutes after the small one goes to bed (before crashing from sheer exhaustion) it's taking a bit longer to watch them all. :)
- What I'm reading: I devoured Tricky Twenty Two by Janet Evonovich in about two days. What a super fun read! I haven't found my next book yet, but am still knitting away on my shawl when I have free time. I *think* I'm finally halfway through. Whew, I had no idea it was going to be such a time-intensive project!
- What I'm crushing on: Love, love love the idea of these gold box photo frames. I've been obsessed with doing a photo gallery wall for our hallways for ages, and these gold frames would be PERFECT for showcasing little bit's artwork. I love that you can easily swap out picture without taking the frame off the wall.