Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Fall Layers

Who is excited about weather cool enough for some fall layers? This girl ↑. While this wasn't exactly the most dressed up work outfit, it was warm and cozy and I loved getting to do a little pattern mixing. Yet another one of those days where I'm super grateful to work in a more casual environment! For a more dressed up look, it would be fun to layer this vest with a striped dress. Just look at this pin...seriously cute. A solid dress (like the one I featured yesterday) and pretty scarf would look great as well. Well, that's settled, I know what I'm wearing the next cold day!

Shirt: Old Navy (embroidered dot, poplin dot)
Cords: Loft (current version)
Vest: J. Crew Factory (exact in limited sizes)
Boots: Arturo Chiang (exact on sale!)
Scarf: Loft (similar)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Watch: Fossil (very similar)
Bracelet: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Cuff: Loren Hope via Rocksbox (exact - use code erinbff43 for a month free!)

On a side note: these riding boots are a true wide calf and currently 30% off! They're real leather and come in several shades: black, cognac (what I'm wearing), dark brown and ash. After last year's disaster with ordering the Madewell Archive boot on eBay (beware, NOT a true wide calf) and attempting to have them widened by a cobbler - only to discover the heel of one boot was irreparably broken - my husband bought these for me as a Christmas present. It about broke my heart to throw the archive boots in the trash. Expensive lesson learned - don't buy shoes from eBay unless you know they'll fit and/or make sure the seller accepts returns! On a positive note, these Arturo Chiang boots are great. They're comfortable and the boot shaft fits with pants or on their own. If you're looking for a wide-calf riding boot, I highly recommend these!



4 comments:

  1. Agh, I think we all have been burned by eBay at least once! I'm glad you finally found a pair of boots that you love though. The color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, eBay, I both love and loath you. And you're right, it all turned out alright in the end!

      Delete
  2. Love that scarf with the rest of your outfit. I have that same vest & a very similar shirt but would never have thought to add in a touch of yellow. I am really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love finding style inspiration from fellow bloggers. Seriously Lisa from Respect the Shoes (respecttheshoes.blogspot.com) is a freaking genius when it comes to pattern mixing.

      Delete