Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Boots with Dresses

I'm a sucker for riding boots with skirts and dresses. The boots add a casual flare to an otherwise dressy outfit, and help keep your legs toasty warm (of course it also helps when you wear tall socks underneath). Though I love the look, I have yet to try tights or stockings with my dresses and boots because it rarely gets cold to warrant it. Seriously, today it's supposed to be in the 70s. We're having an odd winter.

I wore this dress last month unbelted with sandals. Before blogging, I would find one way to wear an outfit and just stick with it - which got pretty darn boring. I've since learned that switching a few things can completely change your look, which has really helped with wardrobe fatigue. If it every truly cools off, I also want to try wearing this dress with a skinny belt, chunky cream cardigan and booties. Now off to find the perfect chunky, cream sweater...

Dress: Loft (exact - 40% off!)
Cardigan: Target (similar)
Boots: Arturo Chiang (exact on sale!)
Watch: Target (exact)
Bracelets: cuff - Kendra Scott (similar) spikes - Sage K. and Co (exact, designer original)
Earrings: Fossil (exact)

//  Today I'm linking up with  The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore.  //

2 comments:

  1. I love how you styled your polka dot dress! It really looks good with your cardigan and boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lanae! I'm so glad I work at a place where I can get away with a more casual look!

      Delete