Monday, December 7, 2015

Blanket Scarves and Booties

Last week is was finally cool enough for a couple of days to break out my scarves and boots. Pure bliss!

I have been resisting the bootie trend for a couple of years, but now that I'm on the bangwagon so to speak, I can't figure out why I resisted for so long! Whenever I tried booties I felt a bit silly or thought they made my legs big. The trick was to the find the right bootie. After doing my research, I knew I wanted something that dipped a bit in the front, (so my legs weren't cut off at the ankle) and in a neutral color that elongated the leg. I originally saw (and fell in love) with these booties on Annie from Stylish Petite. While she and I have very different body types, I knew the right elements were there. I wasn't a fan of the price tag, so I looked around, but couldn't find anything I liked at a lower price point. What sealed the deal for me was trying these on in cognac in-store at Dillards. I loved the fit, the style...but wasn't sold on the color (sadly Dillard's doesn't carry the mushroom color, only cognac and black). This boot keeps selling out, but I did manage to find pair online at Vince Camuto with a coupon, so it felt a little better not to pay full-price. So I guess the moral of the story isn't necessarily to buy these boots (though they are great) but to find the right shoe for your body type, it really does make all the difference!

Dress: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Scarf: eBay (practically identical)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Bracelet: Loren Hope via Rocksbox (exact - use code erinbff43 for a month free!)
Booties: Vince Camuto (exact, more sizes at Lord & Taylor)

So far I've worn my new booties with this dress, a maxi dress and jeans and loved them every time I've worn them. The stacked heel makes them comfortable (for a heel) and there's a little built in padding at the ball of the foot. In Florida, it's rarely cool enough to wear my riding boots, but I can definitely get away with wearing booties!

2 comments:

  1. I resisted a while on ankle boots for some reason too - just felt like I couldn't pull them off maybe? But seriously, they're awesome, especially for short-legged me because I cannot find riding boots that fit to save my life. Your choice of ankle boots is FAB - great color, and I absolutely love the little cutout in the front. With a dress that part makes your legs look way long and adds such a nice detail to a simple (but chic!) outfit too. Might have to copycat this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...you should, then we could be twins. :) My problem with riding boots is that they never fit quite right over the calf. Thankfully, you don't have to worry about that with booties!

      Delete