Thursday, November 5, 2015

What's in My Bag

I love posts where people talk about all the things they keep in their purses, so I thought it would be fun to do one of my own! Annnd...it forced me to clean out my bag for pictures, because in real life it'd be full of tissues, gum wrappers, old receipts and cheerios (for the kiddo of course). Though that might have made for an entertaining real-life post I suppose. Also, there may or may not have been a long-forgotten pancake-flattened York Peppermint Patty and inexplicable piece of popcorn.


For the longest time my Coach Phoebe bag has been a wardrobe staple. The cognac color goes with everything, it's big enough to carry all the essentials (and then some) but not so big that I feel like I'm carrying a satchel or luggage. If I'm not toting my diaper bag, this bag is on my arm. In the past year I've added a few bags to my collection  my Clare V. and my Lulu*s bag  but the Coach remains my favorite, and I thought it fitting to feature the bag I use most often.


Daily Planner & Pen: Between working full-time and juggling my daughter and husband's schedules, a planner is a must. Usually I just buy one from Target, but this year I decided to upgrade to the Kate Spade planner. Aside from being in love with the gold polka dots, I like that it's not too big and has day-to-day as well as monthly pages. I'm kinda obsessed with the Paper Mate Flair pens, so I have one of them in my purse at all times to add notes to my planner.

Wallet: A high-end wallet is on my wish list, but this cute mint one from Charming Charlie is a fun alternative and has held up really well. It doesn't look super cheap, and it has lots of compartments for change, credit cards, etc. Sadly the mint is sold out, but there are a ton of other great color options!

Cell Phone: I shamelessly copy-catted Fran with this cell phone case. One of the great things about blogging, is though we might both have the same case, no one in-real-life does, so it's completely unique for my day-to-day purposes.

Makeup: EOS lip balm for my (always) chapped lips, Clinque Long Last Lipstick in Matte Plum, and Clinque Stay-Matte powder in Stay Neutral. Though not really makeup, I keep a travel-sized lotion in my purse at all times. My current favorite is Bath and Body Works' Plum Cider Warmth.

Sunglasses: I usually keep my J. Crew Factory sunglasses in my bag so I have them on hand if I'm riding in someone else's car. I love the aviator trend, but I can't do the bar straight across the nose, so I really like that these have a gentle bend at the bridge.

Book: I'm a big reader, but these days I usually have to sneak it in during doctor's appointments and various wait times, so I keep a book in my bag for such occasions. My most recent purse book is "Go Set a Watchman" by Harper Lee. I read a paragraph here and there...and at this rate...I'll probably be done with it by Christmas of next year.

Misc: I ALWAYS have a pack of Trident cinnamon gum in my bag. It's been my favorite since high school! I've been trying to limit my coffee/caffeine intake, but when I need my fix, I have a K-cup on hand to use at work. Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce is divine with Coffee-Mate Mexican Chocolate creamer. Yum! I also keep a small bottle of Excedrin for the occasional migraine. Also, my name badge and work ID usually hang out in my purse. I almost never use my name tag, but when I do wear it, it ends up being accidentally washed and hung up to dry with whatever outfit it was attached to. More than once I've thought I've lost it, so I keep it in my bag for safe keeping and the work ID is to get into the office after hours.


That's what I carry around on a day-to-day basis. As you can see I love this bag. We have a Coach outlet about an an hour from my house, so I managed to score this beauty at more than 50% off retail a little over two years ago. This exact bag can be found floating around on Amazon and eBay or you can get the latest version here. I'm kind of obsessed with the true red and the oxblood. Swoon!

one  //  two  //  three
four  //  five  //  six

// I'm linking up with A Pocketful of Polka Dots for Fabulous Friday. //

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I love these posts too! Your bag is so fab - and I love seeing all the ensembles you've paired it with! Clearly so versatile and worth-it as a purchase! Such a great color. And yes to always having a book along... but I always thank goodness for the Kindle app, so I can read from my phone or Kindle and not have to carry a heavy book along. I get way more reading done when I always have an app with my current book, and I don't get annoyed when I get stuck waiting in line somewhere because I always have some good entertainment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also use my iPad and iPhone for reading (right now I have Colm Toibin's "Brooklyn" downloaded), but there's something about a real book with real paper...you just can't beat it! :)

      Delete