Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Wellies for Work


Rain boots are not something I would normally consider to be work appropriate, but thankfully my employer is pretty laid back, so as long as I'm not running around naked, I'm doing alight. Okay, okay it's not that relaxed, but jeans are often fine and no one wears a suit. I often dress up more than I really need to, but it's what I'm used to. My husband and I work at the same place, and he wears jeans everyday. But he's crawling around in ceilings and pulling computers apart, so jeans make sense. I sit at a my desk all day and design stuff, so I wear skirts and cute shoes.

It was supposed to rain all day, but by 10 yesterday morning we hadn't seen a single drop and I was feeling a little silly in my wellies. I decided to go ahead and take photos...and get this...not five minutes later it poured. During a break in the weather I went back out to take more photos, because, ya know, rain boots make a lot more sense when you're standing in a big puddle. :)

Sweater: J. Crew Factory (very similar)
Skirt: Loft (current year's version)
Rain boots: Hunter (exact)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact in other colors)
Watch: Target (exact)
Bracelet: Sage K. and Co (exact for $8!)
Earrings: Fossil (exact)


Random side note: I love the big bun, but my husband hates it. He thinks it looks frumpy, but when it's 100% humidity and raining, long and straight hair just isn't happening. I was particularly proud of this one. It's high and mighty and fabulous. It seemed worthy of mentioning anyway...

11 comments:

  1. I was going to be sad if you didnt' comment on the top knot because I LOVE it! I wish mine would look put together when I go for that style. I always end up looking like I'm trying to be younger than I really am. It looks appropriate on you. Pinning this one for later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it's a mess, I can never get enough volume at the crown and usually have a million fly-a-ways. Yesterday's secret was lots of hair spray and even more bobby pins.:)

      Delete
  2. WOW Erin seeing you wearing your Wellies makes me very happy you look gorgeous, I've got a pair of glossy black Huntress Wellies they are a bit shorter in the leg and wider round the calf than Hunter Wellies and wear them a lot regardless of the weather and often slip them on when going to work or into town with my friends on a sunny day and needless to say I always wear my Wellies in wet weather I hate getting my Tights splashes.
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, thank you so much! I debated about getting the Huntress, but I was afraid they still wouldn't fit my calves. I went with the adjustable backs since they expand an extra inch. I know lots of people wear their Wellies no matter what the weather, sunny or wet...and why not, they're so cute you might as well rock them!

      Delete
    2. I think you did the right thing Erin,the Huntress Wellies don't have any adjustment at all anyway your Wellies look good on your legs and I hope you will be posting more photos wearing your Wellies.
      I've got a blog devoted to Girls wearing Hunter Wellies perhaps you may drop by,the link is http://nicewellingtons.wordpress.com
      Julie
      x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think it must be a girl thing vs. a guy thing. I found some article online about hairstyles guys like and dislike (it was late and I couldn't sleep) and the bun ranked as one the worst. So of course I had to ask my husband what he thought and he agreed, he hates them. Oh, well, can't say it's going to stop me, buns are just so easy!

      Delete
  4. I know this might be a low key look but it's very flattering. Seriously has me re-thinking the LOFT sweater I bought yesterday because it's hi-lo and THIS is the style I really want, crew neck, regular length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! J. Crew Factory has an almost identical sweater with long sleeves instead of 3/4 (linked above). I'm really tempted to pick up some other colors since I've worn this sweater more than I thought I would.

      Delete
  5. Hallo! Perfect look! But -a question: you wearing wellies on barefeet? Without struggling to take off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear socks with my Wellies. It's way too hard to take them off otherwise! (Not to mention sweaty.)

      Delete