Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Wedding Guest Attire: Party of Three

One of my good friends and co-workers is getting married this weekend! I'm excited for her upcoming nuptials and thrilled to have an excuse to get dressed up as well as coordinate with the husband and baby. I know, I know, super cheesy. :) I'm also really glad she's having children at her wedding since childcare can be an issue. So it's a going to be a party of three dressed to the nines and ready to celebrate!


The wedding  going to be in the a late afternoon and has a rustic feel with an outdoor ceremony and reception inside a barn. It's FINALLY supposed to cool off with temps in the mid-60s, so it will definitely be light sweater weather. (Soooo excited about that!)


I decided to plan ahead for once to decide what we're going to wear. Except now I've come up with three different looks and am having a hard time deciding on one. Isn't that the way it goes? Help me decide by voting in the pole below: 



Look 1: Bold Berry Mix

For Her:
Dress: Ann Taylor  //  Cardigan: Target  //  Shoes: J. Crew Factory  //
Clutch: Clare V.   //  Necklace: Kendra Scott  //
 Earrings: J. Crew Factory  //  Bracelet: Kendra Scott

For Him:
Pants: Gap  //  Shirt:  J. Crew Factory  //  Shoes: Target  //  Bow tie: J. Crew Factory

For Baby:
Dress: Carter's  //  Cardigan: J. Crew Factory  
Shoes: Gap via ebay  //  DIY grosgrain ribbon belt

I love the mix of berry hues and how the gingham shirt helps to tie everything together. The garnet and navy is a bit on the bold side, but I like that it's coordinated without being over-the-top matchy-matchy. This is actually the look I'm learning toward because we already have all the pieces (except for the long cardigan), which coincidentally makes it the cheapest option as well. :) ALWAYS a plus.



Look 2: Sweet and Simple

For Her:
DressAnn Taylor  //  CardiganNordstrom  //  ShoesJ. Crew Factory  //
ClutchClare V.  //  NecklaceKendra Scott  //  EarringsJ. Crew Factory  //
BraceletKendra Scott

For Him:
PantsGap  //  Shirt:  J. Crew  //  ShoesTarget  //  Bow tie: Nordstrom

For Baby:
Dress: Carter's  // Cardigan: Carters  // Shoes: Payless

How adorable is this little girl's sequin dress? I'll confess, I created the whole look based off it. Well, that and the fact I already have the garnet dress. I like really like the garnet and blush combination, but I'm worried it reads a little Valentine's Day and not so much fall. My other concern is that sequins might be a bit, well, much for an outdoor wedding, But still, it's feels warm, cheerful and fun. 


Look 3: Blues and Neutrals

For Her:
Dress:  J. Crew Factory  //  Cardigan:  J. Crew Factory  //  ShoesJ. Crew Factory  
Clutch:  J. Crew Factory  //  Necklace:  J. Crew Factory  //  Bracelet: J. Crew Factory  
Pearl Cuff: Nordstrom  //  Earrings: J. Crew Factory

For Him:
PantsGap  //  Shirt:  J. Crew Factory  //  ShoesTarget  //  Bow tieJ. Crew Factory

For Baby:
DressCarter's  //  CardiganJ. Crew Factory  
ShoesGap via ebay  //  DIY grosgrain ribbon belt

This combination is a very, very close second favorite. I love the cool blue tones mixed with neutrals. It's pretty, but not over the top. But is it too matchy-matchy? The more I look at it, the more I love it...the dress is so lady-like, the gingham and bow tie perfectly preppy, and the navy floral dress is just precious. 

I just can't make up my mind. Help me decide by voting in the poll below:

Which ensemble is perfect for a fall wedding?
 
pollcode.com free polls

2 comments:

  1. Hard choices! I love all of the color palettes and both of those dresses... but I think for this season, the garnet color wins out for me. Love it paired with leopard for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really like it too. Any of the options will work nicely. :)

      Delete