Sunday, November 8, 2015

Thoughts and Whatnots 11.8.15

Sandals in November? one  //  two  //  three

Blog Love: 
  • Anne's Pin to Present series is one of my favorites! I love her take on Katie's field jacket and scarf and I can easily see myself recreating this outfit if it ever cools off...(and I've got a major case of the wants for Katie's scarf). She was so sweet to feature me in her latest Pin to Present post
  • Our master bedroom is quite frankly a bit of a mess - no artwork, no paint on the walls, just furniture shoved willy-nilly and clothes everywhere. I've been wanting to do a bedroom makeover for years now, and when I do, Fran has the perfect gallery wall DIY that would look fantastic on the wall behind our bed!

On Teal and Polka Dots:

Favorite Sales: 
  • Friends and Family sale at Banana Republic. 40% off your purchase with code BZDM977GDKTW
  • 35% off at J. Crew Factory with code YOUWIN
  • Up to 40% off the Nordstrom Fall Sale

Personal: 
  • What I'm Watching: This morning baby girl and I watched Beauty and the Beast. The poor kiddo has walking pneumonia and a cold so it's been lots of movies and cuddles while she rests and gets to feeling better.
  • What I'm crushing on: I'm in love with Target's Sugar Paper Mint and Gold collection. Forget using these boxes for Christmas wrapping, how cute would this gold rimmed-mint boxes be for storage? If mint's not for you, there's also coral, black, red and white (in stores). This pretty mint and gold polka paper is perfect for holiday wrapping!
  • What I'm Looking Forward to: Having Wednesday off!! Veterans' Day is the day before my husband's and my fourth wedding anniversary. Since I have to work Thursday and Friday night and am going to a wedding on Saturday, we're hoping to do something a little special on Wednesday. 
  • What I'm Thankful for: My husband. He's a wonderful partner, father and friend. We've seen a lot of changes in the past four years - new jobs for both of us, finishing grad school (for me), returning to school (him), starting a family...it's been a wonderful, amazing adventure so far!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout! Cannot go wrong with that jacket, right?! And I hope your little lady feels better soon - that's no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same jacket and I love it! I can't wait until it cools off enough to wear it...Aubrey is feeling much better. She's actually the second child in her daycare room to be diagnosed with walking pneumonia and almost all the poor kiddos are coughing, so I have a feeling there's a few more sick kids in there. Hopefully they'll all feel better soon!

      Delete