Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Sandals in November

Usually by Halloween there's a crispness in the air (at least at night) and you can finally tell it's fall in North Florida. Um, not so much this year. It's been hot and muggy and even wearing sandals and a thin sweater I was sweating while taking pictures. We have definintely not gotten the the memo on fall. Reading other blogs, they're talking about coats and winter...but I guess be jealous, 'cause it still sandal weather here.

About two weeks ago, I went home for a day (then on to Gatlinburg) and ever since I've had a really bad case of homesickness. It's more than just missing the changing seasons - it's missing the culture, the southerness, my friends and my family. I miss my people, ya know? It's always so much worse after I go home. But, I suppose that makes sense. Lately there's be more days than not that I just want to pack my bags, grab the baby and husband and go back to Tennessee. Then sanity returns and I remember that I have a good job, friends here as well, my husband's family is here...and not everyone gets to say that they live less than a mile for the beach. But, still. Missing you today family and my beautiful home state.

Cardigan: Loft (exact)
Shirt: Loft (exact)
Pants: The Limited (very similar)
Sandals: Loft (exact, similar in all sizes)
Necklace: Kendra Scott via Rocksbox (exact - use code erinbff431 for a month free!)
Watch: Fossil (almost identical)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)


// Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore. //

6 comments:

  1. I like the colours with the printed top and the cardi together! It's good you get to enjoy the summer heat a little longer!

    Hoping your homesickness fades as you get to enjoy and spend Christmas in your new home!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually saw the combo on a mannequin at the Loft and liked it so much I bought it. :) As for homesickness...I've actually lived in Florida for almost 10 years (crazy, right?) and most of the time I really like where I live, I just get a bit homesick after going home and seeing family. It's hard being away from everyone, but at least they come and visit a lot!

      Delete
  2. Those sandals are cute! I love the mustard cardigan too :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got my sandals at the end of the season for $9, so I'm glad I get to wear them a bit before the weather cools off. Mustard's not a color I wear a lot, but I like how this one or more on the warm side, as apposed to greenish-yellow. I guess the key is getting the right shade of mustard. :)

      Delete
  3. The pattern on that top is just amazing! I'm now stalking all the variations. The ruffles are my favorites. I had no idea that you were from TN! The Smokies are just gorgeous. Those are the mountains I remember going to all the time as a kid. I miss those trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are other variations of this top!? I had no idea, but I just looked online and now I want them all...South-eastern Tennessee is the best (but I might just be partial. :) ) I was born in Louisville, KY and lived there until I was 11 when we moved to Chattanooga, TN. I lived there until I was 23, so I feel like I did most of my growing up there. I spent an ill-advised year in Wilson, NC before moving to Florida. I feel like I've worked my way through the south state by state!

      Delete