Friday, November 13, 2015

Real-Life

The best outfits, the most flattering angles, often us bloggers only show you what we want you to see. I'm not certainly going to post a photo wear I look like I'm 20lbs heavier than usual, or have a weird look on my face, and I'm not above Photoshopping out a few zits and a double chin. But is that really real-life? Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything wrong with presenting our best selves. I wear everything I show on the blog, my husband usually takes my photos and I try to keep it as authentic as possible. But does that mean that every day I fix my hair, put on my makeup and wear something cute? Well, no. Sometimes it's just jeans, a slouchy shirt and comfy sweater. Most of  the time I don't bother photographing these outfits because I don't think they're "blog worthy." I stick to my work outfits because they're a lot more polished, put together, and in my opinion, more interesting.

All that being said, I thought it only fitting to show you what I really look like, sans most of the makeup (can't give up my mascara) in the comfy clothes and in my "mom uniform" of sorts. 'Cause we can't look amazing everyday. Or at least, not this girl. Sometimes you got to rock the sloppy clothes, dirty hair and glasses.

Cardigan: Gap Outlet (nearly identical in dark grey and bluesimilar, love this alternative!)
T-shirt: Target (exact, non-plus)
Jeans: Banana Republic (similar non-distressed) (similar distressed)
Scarf: Banana Republic Outlet (similar)
Sandals: American Eagle
Necklace: Old Navy (similar upgrade)
Watch: Target (similar)
Earrings: Origami Owl (similar studs)
Ring: Pandora (exact)

I wore this outfit to brunch with my husband in celebration of our four-year wedding anniversary. We window shopped and saw Spectre and it was a perfect, chill day.


6 comments:

  1. You still look adorable! I just started following your blog about a month ago and I love it! You are truly an inspiration to my style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you found the blog and stopped by to comment!

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a comfy, yet cute outfit. The sweater looks warm and the jeans are a great fit. I would definitely order that cardigan if it were linked. #nobrainer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this sweater last year from GAP Outlet in the lounge/pajama section. However, I just looked online, and they have a blue and darker grey version that looks identical to mine!

      http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1014891&vid=1&pid=628894002

      Delete