Monday, November 16, 2015

Make it Work Monday: J. Crew Field Jacket


I've been patiently (okay, okay, not so patiently) been waiting for it to cool off so I can wear all the fun fall layers. I found this jacket at my local J. Crew Factory back in August and fell in love with the olive color and bright gold hardware as well as the fact that it looks almost identical to its more expensive J. Crew counterpart. Since purchasing, I've been stalking Pinterest and drooling over all the cute outfits.

Then earlier this month, Anne from In Residence featured her field jacket in her Pin to Present series (seriously the best) and her look inspired me to do the same for Make it Work Monday if it cooled off enough to wear a jacket. Last Friday it FINALLY was blissfully cool! Well, for a few hours anyway, until it warmed back up to the 70s. But, hey, I finally got to wear my jacket for a few hours and it was perfect for the chilly morning.

Pinsipration: one  //  two  //  three  //  four
five  //  six  //  seven  //  eight

Jacket: J. Crew Factory (J. Crew version, Factory clinch-waist version)
Shirt: Loft (exact)
Jeans: The Limited (very similar)
Shoes: Madewell (similar)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Watch: Fossil (very similar)
Bracelet: Loft (cute alternative)
Rings: Chloe and Isabel (exact)


Since it doesn't get that cold in north Florida, this jacket will be perfect this winter. I can't wait to style it with riding boots and a scarf or with a mustard tee and cute booties (if I ever find the perfect pair)...
Join me for Make It Work Monday! The rules are simple:
  1. Follow Teal and Polka Dots via bloglovin'
  2. Link to your specific blog post, not your blog's main page. 
  3. Link up an outfit that is inspired by a Pinterest pin, a fellow blogger, magazine or other muse.
  4. Pretty please link back to me! Feel free to grab a button (on the right sidebar) or create your own link.
I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! And go...!!


4 comments:

  1. LOVE this jacket. It is so darn wearable, but still really fun to get even more inspiration from blogs/Pinterest. Thanks for featuring mine, and I'm excited to wear your version soon too... though I'm jealous that this is your normal winter weight coat. Getting to be too cold around here for mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always jealous of you northern-folk in the fall with all the pretty leaves and cooler temps, but so grateful to live in north Florida in the winter. I'll take 50s instead of snow any day!

      Delete
  2. I wish that a lightweight jacket was all we needed in Kentucky for winter! I'm jealous! You styled it great, and I love leopard! Maybe I can try this spin with my leopard flats while it's still fall weather here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tina! I just looked on your blog and saw you're from Lexington! I'm originally from Louisville (but have family in the Lexington area). It's a small world, isn't it? Hope you get a chance to rock your leopard flats before the cold weather sets in.

      Delete