It's hard to believe the holidays are almost upon us! The stretch between Halloween and Christmas is my favorite time of the year — festive spirits, good food, spending time with friends and family — such wonderful times. Though I don't start putting Christmas decorations out until the day after Thanksgiving, I'm definitely thinking about holiday gifts! If you're like me and on a budget, it can be a challenge to find beautiful, thoughtful gifts that don't break the bank.While looking for gift inspiration, I found 15 gift ideas at $50 or less. I'm definitely buying some of these lovelies for my family and friends (and maybe a few for me as well)!
1. Margo Grey Watch $42 (ships 12/11)With a simple, sleek classic design, this watch is refined without being boring. The grey band is subtle, but the large face makes it unique and timeless. This might turn into a case of "one for you, one for me" because I would love to get this watch in my Christmas stocking!
2. MudPie Monogrammed Scarf $29.50 +$10 to monogramMaybe it's the Southern in me, but I love just about anything monogrammed and these reversible scarves make a perfect cozy gift. The personalization takes the scarf to another level and shows that you really put some thought and effort into the gift.
here) They make a great statement piece without being too over the top.
4. Anthropologie Initial Mug $10I know these mugs have been all over the blogosphere lately, but they really are perfect for the lady who likes to put her stamp on everything! If you want a mug that's less of a blogger-cliche, World Market has some really lovely gold italic initial mugs for only $7 and Pier One has some with gold polka dots for $9.95. Package it with some yummy coffee or cocoa and some delicious biscotti.
5. Kate Spade Planner $30This is an ideal gift for the busy lady in your life. I have (and use) this planner and it's great for keeping track of all the crazy with day-by-day pages as well as monthly calendars. And gold polka dots, you can't go wrong with polka dotted anything.
6. Anthropologie Pressed Frames $18-32 depending on sizeThis frames have a pretty, rustic design and come in gold, silver or copper. Include a picture of you and your loved one for a thoughtful gift that took minimal effort. The photographer who took my daughter's newborn, six-month and one-year photos turned me on to Mpix for affordable, professional looking prints. They also do photo books and holidays cards!
7. Secret Garden Artist's Edition $22.50Adult coloring books are all the rage right now, and Johanna Basford truly makes some of the best. I own the regular edition of Secret Garden and love it! The designs are so beautiful that I've thought about ripping out the pages to frame. I love that the Artist's edition is in large-scale format and has 20 pull-out prints perfect for framing. You could even throw in a case of 12 Prismacolor Colored Pencils and still be under $50.
Other scents include coastal, fire and firewood, quince and cedar, gardenia and cinnamon toddy and come in a variety of pretty colored containers. This is another item on my personal wishlist. :)
9. J. Crew Factory Bracelet $17.50This bracelet is a nod to the holiday season without being in-your-face Christmasy. The stretch elastic means it will fit any wrist size and ]makes for a delicious bit of arm candy. It's a steal at $17 and definitely looks more expensive than it really is!
10. Penguin Classic Hardcover Novels $18.70These books are oh-so-pretty in real life. I own Sense and Sensibility, Little Women, Alice in Wonderland and Pride and Prejudice and they are just as lovely to read as they look displayed on your bookshelf. I've even used them as prop displays and centerpieces for my daughter's first birthday. Pretty and functional, they're perfect for your avid reader.
11. J. Crew Factory Envelope Clutch $31This bag is really pretty in real life! It's a soft gold is and made from real leather. It's big enough for your keys and essentials, but not so large that you can't comfortably carry in the crook of your arm. The long chain also makes it easy to carry over your shoulder.
12. Dot & Bo Ampersand Bookend $17This gold-plated ampersand would make a great bookend, paperweight or decorative accent. At just under 8" tall, it makes a statement without being overwhelming.
13. Baublebar Jewelry Roll $48 (optional engraving for $5)This jewelry roll is perfect for the lady who does a lot of traveling or just likes to be organized. It comes in a lovely pale blue and you can have an initial added to the top and bottom zipper pulls. Can I add this to my wishlist as well?
14. Kendra Scott Elisa Necklace $50I got to try this necklace as part of my Rockbox set and it's an absolutely beautiful necklace! It comes in a variety of different hues and metals. You could match her birthstone or just pick her favorite color - either way, you can't go wrong!
15. Kate Spade Thermal Mug $18For those who like to be caffeinated and stylish. It has an insulated top lid and can hold up to 16oz. Coffee or hot tea would definitely taste better in something this pretty. Kate Spade also offers really cute black and white stripe with a green lid and black with white polka dots options.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Be on the lookout for the Holiday Gift Guide for Him on Friday, November 17 and the Holiday Gift Guide for Toddlers on Friday, December 4.