Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Though sometimes easy to forget in the hustle and bustle of everyday, I have a very blessed life. In honor of Thanksgiving, I'd like to take a moment to reflect on the things I'm thankful for this year.

Family photo and daddy/daughter photo by Melanie Resch Photography.

 

My Husband & Daughter

My husband and baby are my two favorite people on this planet. I'm so proud of my husband for going to back to school this fall so he can find a career he loves and for working so hard to provide for our family. He takes such good care of me and our little girl, from helping with the cooking and cleaning, to being an amazing dad, to finding the right words of encouragement. Not to sound cheesy, but he's my rock, my sounding board and my consummate adventurer - always willing to go along with whatever crazy scheme I come up with next. Our little girl is hands down the best thing I've every done with my life. I've loved watching her grow from baby to toddler throughout the past year. She's always challenging me, making me laugh at her antics and making each day a little brighter. Love you both!


Left: My dad, baby, brother, stepmom, husband and me. Middle: My momma and me on my wedding day. Isn't she stunning?! (photo by Jubilee Photography) Right: My grandma, baby me and grandpa. 

 

My Family

I adore all my family and I'm so excited that I get to spend the holiday with so many of them! Today we're going to my mom and stepdad's for the traditional Thanksgiving dinner (my stepdad is seriously the best cook), tomorrow we're having second Thanksgiving with my in-laws and Saturday my dad, stepmom and brother are coming down with my grandparents for the week. Baby and great-grandparents time is always special. I'm especially appreciative all the help and support my stepmom and dad have given us this year. Not just monetary, but with words of encouragement and making sure that Matt and I get a little us time. They're amazing grandparents and I'm so excited that with my dad's retirement, they'll be visiting a lot more often!

Left: My best friend from college and Cambridge, England, co-explorer. Middle: Almost all my bridesmaids reunited for my baby shower last spring (which my sweet sister - second from the left - threw me). Right:My oldest friend and bestie on my wedding day. (Photo by Jubilee Photography)

My Friends

While my nearest and dearest friends all live far away, I'm so grateful for today's technology since they're only an email, phone call or Facebook post away. Also, I'm beyond grateful for all the blogger friends I've made in the last year. This is such a fantastic community and I love being a part of it. Thank you so much to everyone who takes the time to read this space. I appreciate all of your words of encouragement and sweet comments. THANK YOU! Seriously, if you ever make it down to Panama City/Destin, I'd love have a cup of coffee and meet you for real. :)

Left: I will have been at my current job for four years this January and I still can't get over the view. Picture me on the top floor on the left, that's my office! Middle: Only the best co-workers will go along with your plan to dress as fruit for Halloween. Right: My view walking to my car earlier this week.

My Job

I love my job. It's creative, often challenging, and I seriously work with the most amazing group of ladies. More than co-workers, they're genuine friends. I think I work in one of the best places possible while raising child, they're super flexible and supportive. In the past year I've had the creative freedom to execute some amazing projects. I'm a jack-of-all-trades - I design, write, photograph, do social media, event plan, get paid to craft -  and love all of it!

___

These are just a few of the highlights: I'm also grateful for knee room in our new (spacious) car, joining a fun book club, a kiddo who now sleeps though the night (glorious), discovering the recipe for pumpkin gooey butter cake, visiting Gatlinburg this fall, and celebrating my husband's 40th and my little girl's first birthdays. So many good moments!

I hope everyone has an amazing day with those closest too you. I'm unplugging and taking a break from social media, blogging, etc. to focus on family. Then starting tomorrow, it's full-on Christmas at the Chaffin household. Let the decorating begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment