Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Colorblocking

The other day I started to drag out all my winter clothes and rediscovered this fun colorblock sweater! I like how it's a statement all in itself and you don't have to pile on a bunch of accessories. It was the perfect chance to wear my wear my ginormous Kate Spade glitter earrings I scored from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale a few months back. Paired with the red sweater I felt like I was all in the holiday spirit and ready to decorate (or at least drink a red-cup gingerbread latte) since I'm one of those people who refuse to put out Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving. :)

Since this sweater looked a little short with pants, I layered it over a matching tank to help lengthen. I was hesitant about these patent wedges, but I'm really growing to love them. I've seen (and loved) them on other bloggers and decided to purchase them when I needed shoes for a friend's outdoor wedding. When I first pulled them out of the box I thought they looked odd, almost like webbed heels instead of webbed feet, but after trying them on, realized they were sooo much more comfortable than my usual heels. I think I might be getting arthritis in my right big toe (oh the joys of getting older), because any kind of heel creates a lot of pressure and pain, but it definitely wasn't as bad with these shoes. That alone made them keepers! I also really like the almond toe and neutral color. So far I've worn them with a dress and these pants and have been happy with them both times. So here's to trying new things and being thankful for shoe inspiration from my fellow blogger friends!

Pants: The Limited (similar)
Shoes: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Earrings: Kate Spade (exact)
Watch: Target (exact)
Bracelet: Sage K and Co (inexpensive, designer-version)
Rings: Chloe and Isabel (exact)

// Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore. //

6 comments:

  1. Ha, I love these seasonal rediscoveries. And I agree how great it is to have pieces that are a statement on their own - much as I love my necklaces and scarves, sometimes it's nice to just have something that makes its own outfit. Love the colors in this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like it too. :) I'm the worst about forgetting stuff in my closet. For example, this morning I'm wearing a shirt I rediscovered in my closet that my stepmom bought me over a year ago. It still had the tags still on it. Opps.

      Delete
  2. I am a sucker for any sort of color blocking! Also, I have been dying over those earrings for YEARS!!! They look so fabulous on you!!

    Stopping by from the Pleated Poppy link-up!

    -Adriele
    http://www.StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been a little unsure what to wear with them, but I'm looking forward to styling them more this fall/winter. They're just so festive!

      Delete
  3. Adore the colors in your sweater. I like that it's a color pairing that isn't matchy~matchy, but goes with. So fun. The wedges are beyond cute. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daenel! I love how the variation of red/plum/pink makes for such a cheerful color combination. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving as well!

      Delete