Monday, November 23, 2015

Bright and Cheery


So today's outfit was a bit of a fail. Don't get me wrong, it turned out all right, but today was one of the few truly cold days we have in Florida. Lows in the 30s, highs in the 50s...definite cozy sweater, scarves and boots weather.

I had my outfit all planned out, and it was good. Chambray, long thick black and white patterned cardigan, garnet scarf...I was so excited to wear it. Then I went to iron my freshly washed shirt and noticed it had light brown spots all over the front. :( What the heck? They weren't there before I washed it and have no idea where they came from. So sad. So then I tried a couple of other shirts with the sweater, but it just wasn't what I envisioned.

In an outfit panic, I decided to start all over and threw on this light scarf and cardigan. And froze my tail off this morning while taking pictures. (Don't laugh, we Floridians are thin blooded. Anything below 70 is freezing!) In retrospect, I could have thrown a sweater and puffer vest over the chambray and no one would have ever seen the spots, but I wasn't thinking. I was in outfit panic mode. So, I feel like I wasted an opportunity to wear my warm layers. I know, a silly thing to get upset about. But at least my outfit is cheery and bright and tomorrow's supposed to still be on the cool side, so I get a do-over.


Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (very similar)
Shirt: Loft (similar)
Pants: The Limited (similar)
Shoes: Madewell (similar)
Scarf: Old Navy (pretty alternative)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Watch: Fossil (very similar)




4 comments:

  1. It always cracks me up when Floridians talk about cold weather. I was there in January 2014 when it was 32 degrees in Orlando. Talk about cold in Florida. Not appropriate vacation weather at all. Our old washer used to throw rust spots on clothing items. But it was really old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah 32 is cold! My theory is that it's more humid here, so it makes everything feel colder than it really is. The first time my husband and I went to Disney was for his birthday in January 2011 and we had similar temps. It was frigid, and you're right, not vacation weather at all. I still think that's my favorite trip though. :) My washer's about five years old, and I haven't noticed rust, but I'm going to give it a good look tonight!

      Delete
  2. I love this cheery look! The scarf is so pretty, and the addition of the leopard flats makes it fun but not overly Christmas-y at this point. I totally get what you mean about how it's a bummer to miss out on your window of weather for certain outfits though... last week that was me and wearing too warm of a sweater for an unseasonably warm day. Don't get much chance for the lighter stuff this time of year, so I always want to get it in when I can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, guess we're a bit on reverse! For you it's enjoying the warmer weather and for me it's embracing our few days of cold! :) I'm a wee bit jealous of the lovely snow you guys just got though! Growing up in Tennessee, we got a snow fall or two every year and it was just enough to be novel. My family in Michigan are always beyond over the snow, I imagine it's the same for you!

      Delete