Monday, October 5, 2015

Skirting Fall


I'm so jealous of the northern folks out there getting to wear lovely layers and scarves! While it's cooled off a smidgen in Florida, that means wearing closed-toe shoes and a light layer is now bearable, never mind scarves and puffer vests or long-sleeve shirts. (Though that can't stop a girl from dreaming.) So if I can't wear all the fun fall stuff, at least I can dress in fall colors - like caramel and garnet. Though to be fair, it's been a lot cooler the past three days. I actually wore a blazer on Friday and didn't sweat to death! But, it's supposed to warm right back up into the 80s, so there's still plenty of flip flops and sandals in my future.

I'm thinking this is going to be my Florida fall work uniform: pencil skirt, patterned shirt, cardigan and flats. I can think of worse ways to dress. :)

Top: Loft (similar)
Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Skirt: Loft (exact)
Shoes: Madewell (similar)
Watch: Fossil (exact with leather band)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: Loft (similar)
Stackable Rings: Chloe and Isabel (cute alternative)


4 comments:

  1. You have the madewell flats! I love those so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Only I've completely rubbed all the "fur" off the back of my left shoe. Saddness. I'm going to take them to a shoe repair place to see if there's any help for them...maybe a black strip of leather in the back or something? They're some of my favorites, so I hope they can be saved!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the tassel Kendra Scott necklaces, they pretty much work with any outfit, dressy or casual.

      Delete