Friday, October 16, 2015

Pink and Pearls

This is my girly girl outfit. The combination of pink, polka dots, pearls and lace reminds me of something my eight-year-old self would have gone ga-ga over. I remember as a little girl desperately wanting a pair of sparkly shoes and was crushed when my dream shoes apparently didn't exist. Fast forward to today, now you can find glitter flats everywhere! My eight-year-self is much appreciative. :)

This is actually the third time I've worn this skirt on the blog (see the other outfits here and here), but this combination is hands down my favorite so far! One of things I've really enjoyed about blogging is seeing the evolution in my looks (for the better, I think). In the past year I've noticed a subtle shift in how I dress as I learn more about what works for my body-type.

On a side note: This Monday (October 19) is the Make it Work Monday link- up! Simply link an outfit that is inspired by a Pinterest pin, a fellow blogger, magazine or other muse. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! 

Cardigan: Loft (pretty alternative)
Shirt: Loft Outlet (LOVE this option)
Skirt: Boden (solid pink option
Purse: Lulu*s (exact)
Necklace: Ann Taylor (exact)
Shoes: Old Navy (similar)
Earrings: Reed's Jewelers (similar)


// Today I'm linking up with A Pocketful of Polka Dots for Fabulous Friday. //

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's nice to have an alternative to the diaper bag to lug around. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the skirt. The colors look so beautiful in this outfit :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your skirt! Oh, this whole look is so pretty - beautiful colors. Sparkly shoes are the best, right?! I will have to add your Make it Work link-up to my list. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So sorry I missed your link-up this week. I took a break from blogging while on vacation, but I'll be back next week!

      Delete