Monday, October 19, 2015

Make it Work Monday: Pink Plaid

Often plaid makes me think of lumberjacks and hipsters, but pink plaid? That's totally, amazingly girly. I found so much great inspiration Pinterest, but since it was 88 degrees the day I wore this outfit, I knew I was going to have to keep it simple with jeans, sandals and a necklace. I'm looking forward to cooler weather so I can give these other looks a try. Especially the plaid with a black and white polka dot sweater and plaid with a herringbone puffer vest, mainly because I already have very similar pieces in my closet! Now I kinda really want a hot pink puffer vest, because how awesome does it look on these ladies?!

Pinspiration:
one  |  two  |  three  |  four
five  |  six  |  seven  | eight

Shirt: J. Crew Factory (exact in limited sizes, similar)
Jeans: Banana Republic (exact)
Sandals: Loft (exact)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (other colors)
Watch: Target (exact, upgrade)
Bracelet: Sage K. and Co. (exact)
Earrings: Fossil (exact)

(via Instagram)

Join me for Make It Work Monday! The rules are simple:
  1. Follow Teal and Polka Dots via bloglovin'
  2. Link to your specific blog post, not your blog's main page. 
  3. Link up an outfit that is inspired by a Pinterest pin, a fellow blogger, magazine or other muse.
  4. Pretty please link back to me! Feel free to grab a button (on the right sidebar) or create your own link.
I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! And go...!!


6 comments:

  1. I love your outfit combo! The pink plaid is a great spin on typical plaid that sometimes doesn't look too feminine! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, what did we do before Pinterest? The best ideas...

      Delete
  2. I always have that struggle with plaid too - even though I love the idea of it, sometimes it feels too casual or lumberjack-y for my regular style... this one is the perfect compromise! I love the pink/cobalt combo. And definitely yes to pairing it with pink sometime - fun. Thanks for linking up... I hope to have an outfit posted to link with you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! I love all your ideas and inspiration. I think I'm going to try the link-up one more time on Monday, Nov. 16 (the third Monday). While I love Make it Work Monday, I haven't been getting a lot of response, so I may stop the link-up for a little while. We'll see, I definitely still want to do it, it's super fun, it may just be a party of one for awhile instead of a link-up. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this pretty, feminine plaid shirt! I feel like I'm always on the hunt for just the right plaid shirt... I don't want it to feel too lumberjack-ish either. Love this one!
    Shea | www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I definitely prefer the more feminine colors vs. the tradition red plaid!

      Delete