Thursday, October 15, 2015

Holding on to Summer

As you can see in the background of my photo, summer is still going strong in North Florida. While part of me is sad that I can't wear all the cute fall sweaters, jackets and vests, it's kind of nice to be able to wear light breezy layers. At least the dark print of this kimono, along with pairing it with darker colors, makes it feel more fall-like. I'll take what I can get. :)

I wore this kimono back in July with a light dress and sandals and it looked completely summery. Amazing how I few details can completely change a look. I have it in my mind that it would look fantastic with cropped jeans, booties and a cute tee. I just need the booties, but I'm being particular about what I want. I adore these Vince Camuto booties in wild mushroom, but I'm just not sure I can justify $160 for trend I've never tried before. Suggestions on where to look?

Don't forget: Monday (October 19) is the Make it Work Monday link- up! Simply link an outfit that is inspired by a Pinterest pin, a fellow blogger, magazine or other muse. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! 


Kimono: American Eagle (LOVE this option, pretty inexpensive option)
Top: Ann Taylor (similar)
Pants: The Limited (very similar)
Shoes: Madewell (similar metallic option)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Bracelet: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Ring: DeJaVu (similar)


// Today I'm linking up with Happiness at Midlife for Throw Back Thursday Fashion, Mix Match Fashion for What I Wore to Work and Work Clothes, I Suppose for Third Thursday Threads! //

4 comments:

  1. This is a great fall transitional look! The colors definitely say fall, while letting you keep your cool - love it! Also, your kimono is so pretty.

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    Come join me for the Fabulous Friday Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For whatever reason I wasn't confident about wearing this, but now looking back at the pictures, it's definitely growing on me!

      Delete
  2. I love the dark floral kimono and how well it works for fall when the temps may not feel fall like.

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! :) I always love stopping by!

      Delete