Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Blanc, Merlot and Blush


This pink beaded necklace is one of my absolute favorite pieces of jewelry I own. It belonged to my my great-grandmother who was an absolutely amazing lady. She was kind and generous and made the best cheesecake I've ever tasted. She passed away when I was young, but I still remember spending time at her house and listening to stories from her youth. Every time I wear this necklace I think of her. I'm not sure how old it is, but looking at the art deco detailing and from what I can find on the internet, I'm guessing the 1930-40s.

For this outfit, I paired it with an additional necklace to give is a bit of a modern flare, but it's lovely on it's own. I don't wear it often because I don't want to risk losing or breaking it, but every time I do, I'm reminded of my great-grandmother's sweet spirit and try to infuse a little of her goodness into my day.


Top: Loft (exact)
Cardigan: Target (similar)
Pants: Loft (similar)
Shoes: Madewell (similar)
Necklaces: Banana Republic Factory (cute alternative)
vintage/my great-grandmothers (cute alternative)
Watch: Target (exact)
Earrings: Fossil (exact)


4 comments:

  1. Love that little ruffle on the top. Very cute. Vintage jewellery is wonderful - no one else will be wearing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great memories of your grandmother and a treasure to have! I'm wearing merlot pants today as well! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My great-grandma was pretty great. :) Hooray for being twinsies! Hope you enjoyed wearing your merlot pants!

      Delete