Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Pumpkin Cardigan and Chambray

One of the things I love about style challenges is that is inspires you to try something that you would never wear otherwise. For example, I don't wear orange. It's not a color I gravitate toward, and I work for a university where orange and blue are traitor colors.

All that aside, for some reason I do own an orange cardigan. I went through a phase where I wanted one of every color of Loft's boyfriend cardigans so picked up orange along with magenta, garnet, dark plum - basically all the fall colors. Which came in handy last week when the Instagram #wearwhatwhereoctober style prompt was "Orange You Savvy."  So I put my reservations aside, threw on my one orange item of clothing, and hoped for the best. Though I was pretty sure I was going to hate it.

Confession: I actually ended up loving this outfit. The pumpkin color goes great with chambray and navy blue. I felt like a rebel rocking my blue and orange at work, but I got some real-life complements, so I'll count it as a victory. Plus polka dots, you can never go wrong with polka dots.

Loft cardigan: (similar)
Maurices chambray: (similar)
The Limited pants: (similar)
Payless shoes: (want this upgrade)
Baublebar necklace: (exact)
Fossil watch: (almost identical)
Baublebar earrings: (very similar)


// Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore.  //

2 comments:

  1. Great outfit! I think I have all of those pieces in my closet. That's one of next week's all planned for me!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of service! :) Can't wait to see it.

      Delete