Thursday, October 8, 2015

A (J) Crew of Blue

The day I wore this outfit it had cooled off gloriously. We had this perfect taste of fall where blazers could be worn without sweating to death and long sleeves and closed toe shoes were super comfortable. It.was.glorious. And short-lived. It's already warmed back up and I'm majorly jonesing for those perfect days of last week, but in the meantime, I guess it's not so horrible to have to wear sandals and enjoy beach weather for a little while longer. :)

This outfit was inspired by the #wearwhatwhereoctober style prompt A (J) Crew of Blue. All the pieces of my outfit (except for my jeans and watch) are from J. Crew or an affiliate brand. I seriously love all the blues and how this outfit pulled together. It's a perfect casual Friday work outfit - as long as your employer doesn't mind a little bit of ripped jeans - I'm so glad I work at a university were we can push the limits of casual every now and then!

Blazer: J. Crew (factory version)
Shirt: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Jeans: Banana Republic (exact)
Shoes: Madewell (exact in other colors, similar)
Necklace: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Bracelet: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact) 
Watch: Fossil (exact with leather band)


// Today I'm linking up with Mix Match Fashion for What I Wore to Work and Happiness at Midlife's Throw Back Thursday Fashion Link-up! //

8 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! I've been following you on IG for a while now I'm your newest Bloglovin' fan! I love this look! And I know all too well about the crazy weather. Last week was, in your words, "glorious," here in Louisiana and now it's back in the 90's! Yuck! Enjoy your day!

    TheHortonFamily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're following on Bloglovin'. :) Sounds like North Florida and Louisiana are simpatico. Hopefully it'll cool back off soon!

      Delete
  2. I am glad it's cooled off enough for you to wear some fall clothing. We've had 2 weeks of coolness here in Toronto and I've been slowly pulling out my sweaters and scarves. Your pearls are the perfect accent by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn! I've really been loving these pearls. I usually stick to longer necklaces because I don't like anything close to my neck, but these pearls are a great exception!

      Delete
  3. Hi Erin--

    Question - I purchased these Banana Republic jeans from one of your links in a previous post. Although I love the fit and style of the jeans, I don't like the fading pattern on the back - especially the butt. I'm wondering if it's just my pair or if they're all like that. Mine are light on the butt, darker from beneath the butt to the knees, and then light again for the rest. When I look at them in the mirror, it's just weird and makes my butt SO prominent. Trying to figure out if I should exchange or return them. Closest BR is 30 miles away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shelia, good question! I hadn't really thought to check out my back end in my jeans because I was so pleased with how they looked from the front. :) I looked them over last night and there is some light fading in the same places you mentioned, so I tried them on again and took a good look at the rear view. The fading is there, but it doesn't bother me too badly. Maybe your pair's wash is more prominent than mine? I'm so sorry your jeans didn't work out for you, and also jealous that have a BR 30 miles away. The closest for me is factory store 50 miles away. Saddness. Thank goodness for online shopping!

      Delete
  4. I adore this look! I maybe partial since I have the same top, blazer and necklace :)

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like this top, blazer and necklace are classic closet staples! I'll be on the lookout to see how you style them in the future. :)

      Delete