Monday, October 12, 2015

A Hint of Fall Print

I bought this skirt last year to for a wedding, then ended up not wearing it because I couldn't decide how to style it. I loved the skirt, but it mostly just sat in my closet unworn. The only way I could think to wear it was with a gray pullover. It worked, but it was a kind of boring outfit.

Back in August, Brianna from Work Clothes, I Suppose had a pencil skirt remix style challenge for her Third Thursday Threads. I decided to use this skirt since I'd been so uninspired with it, and ended up finding all kinds of way to wear it!

(see original post here)

As some of you may know, I've been participating in the #wearwhatwereoctober Instagram style challenge. One the first prompts was to wear a Hint of Fall print and I knew immediately I wanted to wear this skirt. I don't know about you, but mustard and floral screams fall to me. Overall, I'm really pleased with the outfit and think it's fun with the stripes and cardigan. It looks fall-like but was still comfortable for the office.

Loft cardigan: this year's version
J. Crew Factory shirt: exact
Madewell flats: metallic option, cognac option
Kendra Scott necklace: exact (via Rocksbox, use code erinbff431 for 1 month free!)
Loft bracelet: similar

4 comments:

  1. The pattern mixing here is on point! I think it would also look great with a navy and white striped top. Stripey top + floral skirts are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...I love that idea. Mustard and navy go great together! I think cobalt blue would look good too; I just need to find the perfect blue pullover sweater....

      Delete
  2. Love the remixing of the skirt, and with the striped and cardi, well played.

    ReplyDelete