Sunday, September 6, 2015

Week in Review 9.6.15

Pops of red: one  //  two  //  three

Blog Love:
  • Amanda from SunKissed Sophisticate has a great post about how to increase your Pinterest traffic. I think my favorite tips are ways to become more searchable and to post at the right times. Things I rarely think about, but are so valid!
  • I know our trip to Gatlinburg is still almost two months away, but I'm already packing in my head, and Megan from Hayes Days has the perfect two-day packing piece! I'm not a big collapsible wardrobe kind of gal, but I'm going to give it a whirl for this trip. I'll take all the advice I can get!
  • I mentioned earlier this week about lusting after the Madewell Transport tote and now Fran from Franish has gone and done a review that makes me want it even more. I can't justify the $300 price tag, someone buy if for me pretty please?
On Teal and Polka Dots:
  • On the Blog: It's my birthday month, and in honor of the occasion, I threw together a little fall/birthday wish list full of lovely and expensive goodies. I've got big eyes and small wallet, isn't that always the way of it? :)
  • On Instagram: A preview of my super dark hair. It actually looks much lighter in the photo than it is in real life. I went it have it darkened just a little bit for fall, but my hairdresser went overboard, now it's almost chocolate. I feel like I look depressed or something. It's just too dark for me. I know it'll eventually fade, and I found something online about speeding up the process with baking soda and clarifying shampoo, but I'm afraid it'll do strange things to my hair. Has anyone tried it? 
  • On Snapchat: Early morning baby time, upcoming knitting projects, and being behind of blogging posts. (Username TealandPolkaDot)
 Favorite Sales:
  • Extra 25% of sale at Kate Spade with code DELIGHT
    • I am so,so, so tempted order the Cedar Street Maise as a birthday present to myself. With the sale it would be $150, HALF the normal price, and it's teal. TEAL, only my favorite color. I NEED it, right???
    • This red stripe top is adorable and the pretty printed slogan adds a nice dose of whimsy.
    • This preppy little bow bangle would complement any bracelet stack. 
  • J. Crew Factory, 50% off everything (no code required)
    • I want to add a pair of stretchy pants to my wardrobe that are like leggings, but not. Has anyone tried the Gigi pants, and if so, what do you think? 
    • One puffer vest is never enough, and I love this navy version. Sleek and subtle. 
    • How cute would these gold chevron coasters look in my office? Let me tell you, seriously cute. 
Personal:
  • Reading: This morning I finished reading The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler. It was okay. I like my books with nice tidy endings all wrapped up in a pretty little bow, but the ending on this book was completely open-ended. I've been having a streak of blah books. Suggestions on what to read next?
  • What's on my Needles: Now that fall is sort of approaching, I've got knitting fever. I have two projects going: this adorable bear cowl for the baby and a grape gooseberry scarf I started years ago and forgot to finish. I just ordered the pattern and materials for this GORGEOUS shawl and I can't wait to start it. 
  • Watching: Last night hubby and I tried to watch Mythbuster's Star Warts Special, but we fell asleep half way through. Saddness. Hopefully we'll catch it again as a rerun.
  • What I'm Crushing On: I didn't mention it in the sales above, but Fossil has 25% off this weekend with code HELLO25 and I'd love to add this vintage-style gold watch to my collection. 
I hope everyone has a lovely rest of their weekend. As soon as the kiddo wakes up from her nap, we're off to the county to spend the afternoon with grandma. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment