Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week in Review 9.20.15

Blue pocket blouse on repeat: one  //  two  //  three

Blog Love:
  • How to style athletic shoes for the everyday. I have several pairs of tennies, but other than for working out or walking around Disney, I'm always stumped on how to wear them. Thanks for Merrick, I now have a few ideas. Maybe you'll see tennis shoes in the near future?  
  • Keeping with the shoe trend, I kinda want to try a bootie this fall. If you aren't sure what kind of ankle boot is for you, Putting Me Together has a great bootie style guide. I'm leaning towards something like these boots in the wild mushroom color. Sadly they're sold out in my size, and are a bit more than I want to spend, but they make for great inspiration!
  • Clothing reviews are my favorite. Now I have a major case of the wants for this cute bow top after seeing it on Fran. 

On Teal and Polka Dots:

Favorite Sales:
    • 35% off at J. Crew Factory with code SALEUPGRADE
      • As a mentioned above, this bow top is one of my favorites at J. Crew Factory right now.
      • I wish I was brave enough (or cool enough) to rock these wool skimmer pants in olive. So retro, funky and fun!
      • Now that I've dipped my toe into the plaid trend, I'm hooked! I love this flannel button down (in pink blue plaid of course).
      • This red stripe top is sitting in my mailbox right now, waiting for me to try it out. 
    • 40% off at Ann Taylor with code YESPLEASE.
      • I've been looking for another pair of black ankle pants to add to my clothes rotation; these pants look so polished and work appropriate (and they come in a ton of different colors)!
      • This red wrap dress is perfect for fall and would also great this holiday season. 
      • A ladylike blouse for work that would also look fabulous with a pair of skinny jeans for the weekend. 

      Personal:
      • Reading: I just stared JoJo Moyes "The Last Letter from Your Lover." I'm only about 20 pages in, but so far I like it! Moyes is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. "Me Before You," "One Plus One", "Ship of Brides" - they're all so, so good. 
      • Watching: This morning Little Bit and I have been watching Curious George season 5 while I work on finishing up this blog post. :)
      • What I'm Crushing On: This rose gold moon phase watch by Michael Kors (it's on sale for $200, which isn't bad for a MK watch). And my crafting, DIY self NEEDS a Circuit. NEEDS IT. :)
      • What's aheadTomorrow Monday (September 21) is the Make it Work Monday link- up! Simply link an outfit that is inspired by a Pinterest pin, a fellow blogger, magazine or other inspiration. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment