Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wear all the colors

What's the best way to combat a grey, dreary day? Wear lots of colors! Though it doesn't look like it in these photos, it poured all day Monday and just managed to snag these snaps in between rain showers.

The only thing that would make this outfit more perfect is Hunter boots. I can't wait for mine to arrive! I've been scouring Pinterest to find the perfect rain boot outfit inspiration.

On an unrelated note, I got a new 50mm lens for my camera for my birthday, and I'm in love. Hooray for delightfully blurry background photos! If you have a Canon, I highly recommend this lens from Amazon. It's not the most expensive, but I think it does a nice job and I'm really happy with it for the price. There's a bit of a learning curve with it, but I think it does an amazing job of making the subject look vibrant and crisp and pop from the background. I've only used it twice, but so far, it's been great!

Top: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Cardigan: Loft (current version)
Pants: The Limited (very similar)
Shoes: Payless (exact, upgrade)
Watch: Target (exact, splurge)
Bracelet: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: Mariana Jewelry (exact)
Necklace: Amazon (exact)

// Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore //

8 comments:

  1. This bright plaid is so fun! And yay for a 50mm lens! It's my favorite that I own!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had no idea what I missing out on until I got this lens. :) I've been wearing a lot of black and white lately, so it was fun to break out into some crazy, cheerful color!

      Delete
  2. Love all this color! And every time it rains, I remember "darn! I need some Hunter boots!" Happened again yesterday. Looking forward to seeing how you style yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. do you take your photos yourself with a tripod? I have that same lens but never use it when I do my photos with tripod/remote because I'm scared it won't focus right... But your photos are looking so good! Maybe I need to just give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it with a tripod yet, lately my sweet husband has been taking my photos. We both work at the same place, so it's easy to take a quick 10 minute break and grab a few shots. I need to try it with the tripod though, but like you said, I'm afraid it won't focus right. :(

      Delete
  4. The berry color looks so good on you. I wish my husband would take my photos more regularly. He needs the practice. I feel like it's definitely time for a camera upgrade for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's what husbands are for, right? :-P I need to get in some practice with my tripod with the new lens so I don't always have to make the hubs take photos. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank goodness for some bright colors! I feel like the Fall colors this year are so dreary. I really like the boldness of your plaid shirt. The simple Mariana earrings are really pretty too, I like the Serenity collection. Disclaimer, I write a Mariana news blog, but maybe you'd appreciate something i put together: a list of all the Mariana collections. If you want to check it out, here it is: http://blog.enreverie.com/all-mariana-jewelry-collections/ . Keep rocking those colors Teal and Polka Dots! -Kyle, the Enreverie Blog

    ReplyDelete