Monday, September 28, 2015

September Budget


$150 budget + $36.61 leftover in August = $186.61
+ $145 blogging income
$331.61 September budget

Spent $319.74 ($11.87 remaining)

This was the month of stripes and a lot of black and white with a dash of red mixed in. Lately, I've been gravitating toward black and white, it's easy to mix and match and works as a great closet staple. I worry that it's getting a little boring, but I'll go with chic instead. :)

TOPTIE Lace Top (see how I wore it here)
This top is super cute, but buyer beware, I had to size way, way up to a 5X and it took FOREVER to arrive, close to a month. It was lost in shipping the first time around, though I read another review with a similar story, so who knows. Don't get me wrong, I like the top, but I think there's a lot of other great lace top options out there like this one, this one or this one that are probably more well made and won't take weeks to arrive.

J. Crew Factory Red Stripe Boatneck Tee 
I've been wanting a red stripe tee that didn't read "Where's Waldo" and I think this top does the trick. It definitely more cream/tan and red than the white and red like it looks online. It fits true to size, I got it in an XXL. I can't wait until it cools off enough to wear it!

Boden Breton Stripe Tee
I apparently can't get enough of stripes. I love my Breton short-sleeve tops, so I was excited to try the long-sleeve version. The fit is great - it's fitted, but not too tight. The shirt is a nice bright white and black and I got it in 16.

Loft Striped Bateau Tee (see how I wore it here and here)
I love that this top is once again my beloved stripes, but has the unique yoke detail and split sides. I got it in a XL and find that it runs true to size.

Ann Taylor Polka Dot Cardigan
This cardigan is going to be on major repeat this fall/winter. It's super soft and, though it's not reversible, the inside is a rich black with dark cream (almost tan) polka dots. For reference, I got it in an XL. It's a definite classic, though I'd wait for a sale to get it.

Frye Qunicy Boat Shoes (see how I wore them here)
These shoes are fantastic. Perfect for walking around in all day. They do run at least a full size larger than normal. I'm a 9/9.5 in flats and got these in an 8.5 and the fit was perfect. I found my shoes on ebay, but sizes 7 and 7.5 are available a lower price point on Amazon. And if red isn't for you, there's a ton of other color options available on Amazon.

Loft Slingback Sandals (see how I wore them here, here and here)
I've been wearing my Target sandals non-stop this summer and thought it would be a good idea to add another sandal into the rotation. While they are cute, they aren't the highest quality shoe, but for less than $10, I won't feel bad if they only last one season. Plus in Florida, there will still be plenty of opportunities to wear them since fall takes forever to get here.

Lulu*s Cream and Black Weekender Bag
I've been wanting a bigger weekender bag for our upcoming trip to Gatlinburg and I am so, so happy with this purchase! It's very well made. It's a striped woven fabric and faux-leather, but it doesn't look cheap. It's roomy enough that I shouldn't have any problems packing for a four-day trip. 

Eloquii Pont Circle Skirt (see how I wore it here)
I've had major FOMO since missing out on Banana Republic's midi from last year. After a lot of searching, I found this skirt from Eloquii (the Limited's plus size brand). It's made from a light-weight ponte, has a nice drape and is super comfortable. For reference, I'm wearing an 18 and find it to be true to size, if not just the tiniest touch big. 

Loft Seamed Ponte Pants (see a mini review of them here)
Confession: My kid is almost 16-months-old and I'm still wearing my maternity leggings. I was time - beyond time - to find a replacement. These pants do the trick. They're made from a nice, thick material that helps hide the lumps and bumps and I like that they flare just the tiniest bit at the bottom of the leg. I know there are meant to be pants, not leggings, but I'm more comfortable wearing them with long cardigans or a slouchy sweatshirt. I got these in an XL and find them to run true to size.

Loft Mixstripe Blouse (see how I wore it here)
Black and white, stripes and polka dots, what's not to love? This shirt feels silky and I love the longer hem in the back. I got this in an XL and the fit is perfect.




Birthday Splurges

Each year for my birthday I like to splash out on one expensive thing that I normally wouldn't buy for myself. I little happy birthday to me gift if you will. This year instead of one big thing, I bought three sort-of expensive things that added up to about the same amount.

J. Crew Factory Field Jacket (see a preview of it here)
I found this jewel and our local factory outlet and have been completely unable to find it online. (cinch-waist version here) I really like that this jacket has tabs instead of the drawstring clinch. The only downfall is that it's a little snug on me, I can zip it up, but I can't layer anything under it. Not a big deal in Florida, but still kind of annoying. Cross my fingers that I can finally lose a few of those stubborn pounds. For reference, I got it in an XL.

Ann Taylor Lace Shift Dress
This dress is going to be perfect for the upcoming fall wedding and special events season. The color is gorgeous and the sleeve length means I don't have to wear a cardigan or shawl with it. I was worried this dress would be too short, so I ordered it in an 18L and it hits right at my knees.

Hunter Original Adjustable Back Boots
I can't wait for these boots to arrive! I've been debating between matte and glossy and finally decided on the matte. I tried the original ones in store, but my larger calves made them a touch too tight, but hopefully the adjustable back will solve that problem for me. I made the right choice with matte, right? Opinions appreciated. :)


Birthday Gifts

Hooray for birthday goodies! I got some really lovely jewelry pieces and (yet another) striped shirt to add to my ever growing collection.

J. Crew Factory Flip Stripe Tee
This shirt is a very thin knit, which is perfect for Florida, and I really like the olive stripes. I found it ran a little large,  and got this in an XL instead of my usual XXL.

J. Crew Factory Pearl Necklace (see how I wore it here, here and here)
I mentioned awhile back I got the Target version of this necklace since the original was no longer available. It came back in stock almost right after I bought the Target version (isn't that the way it goes?) I couldn't justify buying the Factory version since I just bought the other version from Target, so I'm so glad I got this necklace as a gift because there's definite quality difference. The pearls are creamier, it's a heavier weight and lays nicer around the neck.

"E" Initial Necklace (sneak peek of it here)
This necklace is so cute. I love the rose gold and the "e" is just the right size. I sometimes have a problem is chains being too short, but the length is just right.

Mariana Serenity Earrings (sneak peek of them here)
My husband got me these pretty little sparklers. I love Mariana Jewelry, especially their rose gold line. I've already put in a Christmas request for the bracelet and necklace, but the earrings are definitely pretty enough to be enjoyed on their own.

And that's a wrap to a very, very long budget post. Today I'm linking up with Franish and all the Budgeting Bloggers.

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! I love the field jacket - I have the moss green color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine's green too and I love it! I really wanted the navy, but it wasn't available at the factory anymore. Sadness. But moss green's a great color as well.

      Delete
  2. What a haul this month! I ended up going with Tretorn for my rain boots because of my larger calves and have been super impressed. The Hunter ones are just as nice though. I can't wait to see how you style them! They will probably be perfect for the Florida winters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I bought all the things this month. I'm definitely going to have to reign it in for October. I'll have to look into Tretorn boots, I hadn't heard of them before!

      Delete
  3. How cute is that striped weekender?!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one of my favorite purchases this month. It really is the perfect size for a quick getaway and I think it's very well made for the price.

      Delete
  4. I've been eyeing up one of those field jackets for a while now, but I haven't jumped yet. Excited for you to have gotten one! Also, that lace dress is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie! I can't wait to wear the dress. I plan on wearing it to a more formal work event to go in late October and I have a wedding to go to in November, so it might make another appearance then. :)

      Delete