Thursday, September 24, 2015

(Re)work It

This was my attempt to assuage my guilt outfit. I've been spendy the last couple of months, so by creating an outfit that consists of  items at least a year old, if not older (which the exception of the necklace and earrings) I hoped to feel a little less guilty about the new purchases. Plus, I love reworking old(er) items to make a pretty outfit. My September budget post is coming Monday, and it's time to come clean. Yikes, but it's my birthday month, so that makes it okay, right? Birthday money and calories don't count.

Speaking of birthdays, I'm celebrating the fourth anniversary of my 29 birthday (or in less-fun terms, 33) on Saturday. I'm taking off of work tomorrow to celebrate three-day weekend style. My husband has a surprise day trip planned for tomorrow, we have birthday dinner plans with family on Saturday, and my sweet co-workers took me out for an early birthday lunch today. I had seriously the best pumpkin waffle (pumpkin everything please). Perfect way to start the festivities.

Top: Loft (pretty alternative)
Skirt: Target (similar)
Shoes: Madewell (cute alternative)
Watch: Target (exact, upgrade)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Necklace: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Ring: Charming Charlie's (very similar)

// Today I'm linking up with Mix Match Fashion. //

2 comments:

  1. I have been shopping way too much too and trying to reign it in. Love your pretty jewelry and Happy Birthday!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! I keep telling myself it's okay to overspend a bit because it's my birthday, but I'm really going to have to reign it in next month!

      Delete