Thursday, September 3, 2015

Plum Delightful


I couldn't decide what to wear, so I reached for one my "I don't know what to wear, but I want to be comfy and still look dressed up" dresses (even if is still showing off my food baby). You can't win all the battles, ya know? This is actually third time I've worn this dress on the blog. The first time was just over a year ago and I wore it again in April.

Now that I've extended the length, this Ann Taylor necklace has quickly become one of my favorites. Maybe it's just me, but most necklaces sit too close to my neck and hit at just the wrong place on my chest (maybe it's because I'm larger?) so I'm always looking for ways to lengthen. Chain extenders, or a ribbon in a pinch, work wonders, but my normal tricks wouldn't work on this necklace because of the toggle clasp. I ended up breaking apart the chain and added some almost identical chain I found at Michael's. You can see the process here.

Work has been crazy busy and I'm on major countdown for the long weekend...only two more days...just two more days. I'll just keep telling myself that and that'll make it all better, right?

Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Necklace: Ann Taylor (exact, see lengthening tutorial here)
Earrings: Reed's Jewelers (very similar)
Watch: Fossil (very similar)

// Today I'm linking up with Mix Match Fashion and Happiness and Midlife .//

2 comments:

  1. The purple and leopard looks amazing together! Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Alice! I'm convinced a pop of leopard goes with almost everything. Thanks for hosting the link up. :)

      Delete