Monday, September 21, 2015

Make It Work Monday: Lace Top and Distressed Denim


I love the combination of lace and denim. It's girly, but not too much, it's casual, but still looks like you put some effort into your outfit, AND you can wear it a bunch of different ways.

Since it's still super hot here in the south, I decided to keep it simple and pair a lace top with jeans, heels, and tons of accessories. But imagine this exact outfit with a blazer and boots or boyfriend cardigan. Hurry up fall! I want to recreate all of my pinspiration outfits, so don't be surprised if you see some of these looks in the near future. :)

Pinspiration:
one  |  two  |  three  |  four
five  |  six  |  seven  | eight

Top: Amazon (exact - order up! I got this in a 5X and am normally an XL, similar)
Jeans: Banana Republic (exact)
Heels: Nine West (similar)
Purse: Lulu*s (exact)
Necklace: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Watch: Target (exact, upgrade)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Bracelets: Kendra Scott (exact) SageandCo (exact) Urbanite (exact)


Join me for Make It Work Monday! The rules are simple:
  1. Follow Teal and Polka Dots via bloglovin'
  2. Link to your specific blog post, not your blog's main page. 
  3. Link up an outfit that is inspired by a Pinterest pin, a fellow blogger, magazine or other muse.
  4. Pretty please link back to me! Feel free to grab a button (on the right sidebar) or create your own link.
I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! And go...!!

6 comments:

  1. This is perfect - I always love a fancy/casual mix like this, and the lace + denim almost seems season-less. Which is great for those in-between days when it's kinda fall time but doesn't feel like it weatherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree - it may be fall time, but in Florida it's been in the upper-80s/lower 90s and super humid - the complete opposite of fall. Thank goodness for transition pieces!

      Delete
  2. I love this look and you really got the look of Jade from a Spoonful of Style. Love the look of the heels with the distressed denim, the pearls....just everything. Great look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! Jade was my main inspiration, but I can't wait to try the other looks!

      Delete
  3. Love this. You've just inspired my Monday work outfit. Pearls included!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it. It was a really fun (and comfortable) outfit to wear. The best kind!

      Delete