Thursday, September 17, 2015

Mad for Plaid


Today I'm all about the plaid. Usually, a tartan shirt makes me think of burly lumberjack men, mostly likely with a axe in hand and sporting a scraggly beard (or maybe I'm thinking of hipsters minus the axe add Buddy Holly glasses and tight pants), but dressed with pearls and a cute pair of heels it can be super girly. I love the contrast of patterns and colors in this outfit and the buffalo print just screams fall.

This look was inspired by the Work Clothes I Suppose Third Thursday Threads plaid challenge. I had originally planned on wearing this top with my new black midi skirt, but I got my Thursdays mixed up and wore my skirt yesterday thinking next week was the link-up. Opps. So instead of wearing my skirt two days in a row (and trust me I thought about it), I decided to go with pants. Overall I'm pleased with the look, though I don't think my pictures are really giving the outfit justice. I promise it was way better in real life. :) As a bonus, I now have a future outfit all planned out and waiting for me the next morning I can't figure out what to wear.

Speaking of link-ups, Monday (September 21) I'm hosting the Make it Work Monday link-up! Simply create an outfit that is inspired by Pinterest, a fellow blogger, magazine or other inspiration. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

 Top: Old Navy (exact)
Pants: The Limited (very similar)
Cardigan: Loft (very similar)
Shoes: Lands End via Sierra Trading Post (exact)
Necklace: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Watch: Target (exact, upgrade)
Bracelet: Kendra Scott (exact) Loft Outlet (similar)

6 comments:

  1. Plaid and pearls are such a fun combo! Definitely takes it away from lumberjack territory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about making things more girly, but still comfy. Can't forget the comfy.

      Delete
  2. Lumberjacks and hipsters do dress strikingly similar now that you point that out. lol. I think it's adorable regardless of what you think the pictures are conveying. I love the colors so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! I've been wearing so much black and white lately that it was fun to rock some bold color!

      Delete
  3. Love this look! I always love the idea of plaid but don't like how I often feel not as polished as usual when wearing it... your solution is perfect! So sophisticated but still fun when you put it with leopard and pearls. Stopping by from Bri's linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Plaid isn't something I wear a lot of either, but sometimes it's fun to break out of my comfort zone. :)

      Delete