Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Dots, Stripes and Leopard

As I've become more involved in the blogging world, I've found myself embracing trends that seem completely normal - after all I see them all the time on Pinterest, fellow bloggers and the Internet - like pattern mixing. Who knew stripes and dots went so well together until I had the Internet to tell me so?

At work yesterday, I was feeling extra proud of my pattern making and liking how well the gray dotted cardigan and gray stripes looked together. I was stopped by a co-worker who looked at me all horrified and asked "Are you wearing stripes and polka dots? You're making my eyes hurt." Rude, right? But I had to pause for a moment and debate if I looked ridiculous or fabulous. But then I realized, trendy or not, even if it's a blogger cliche, I love this outfit. So, thank you Internet for teaching me that stripes, polka dots and leopard do go together, even if the naysayers don't realize it's complete awesomeness. :)

Top: Ann Taylor (similar, black stripe)
Pants: The Limited (very similar)
Shoes: Madewell (similar)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Bracelets: Moorea Seal (similar) and House of Harlow via Rocksbox (exact - use code erinbff431 for a month free)
Earrings: Loft (very similar)

// Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore. //

2 comments:

  1. I like the dots and stripes but I am not sure if I could pull off the leopard too. You have, though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one of those outfits where I wonder if I'll look back and wonder what was I thinking, but in the mean time, it was fun, so that's what counts, right? :)

      Delete