Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Channeling Fall


I know it's technically still summer, but as soon as September hits, I'm ready to start thinking about fall. Maybe it has something to do with back to school shopping as a kid and getting all these great clothes that I could barely wait until it was cool enough to wear.

This buffalo plaid shirt became mine last month in anticipation of wearing it in Gatlinburg this October, but I knew there would be lots of other fun ways to wear it. My original plan was to wait patiently until the weather cooled, but then Merrick posted on how to transition your wardrobe for fall and inspired me. While the shirt's print screams autumn, it is made from a lightweight fabric not flannel, so I decided to roll up the sleeves and pair it with a gray pencil skirt and leopard print flats (the new neutral, amiright?) and wear it now. It may have been 93 degrees the day I wore it, but it was fun to at least look cozy and fall-like even if it's still sweltering outside. The lightweight material meant I stayed (relatively) cool all day. Even if I did secretly worry I looked like a lumberjack (minus the beard and and axe).

I'm already thinking of ways to wear all my lightweight, darker hued clothes in the coming weeks. Autumn is elusive in North Florida, so finding ways to look like fall but stay cool is key.

Have you started to embrace fall yet, or are you holding on to summer?

 Top: Old Navy (exact in different colors, similar flannel option)
Skirt: Loft (similar)
Watch: Target (inexpensive similar, upgrade)
Necklace: Kendra Scott via Rocksbox (exact) use code erinbff431 for a month free

 //I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore//

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute look - great color combination and I love the pattern mix you have going on! Fall is my favorite season and I am looking very forward to wearing all my plaid, booties, and cardigans. However, since it is still in the 90's around here, I think it might be awhile...

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    Come join me every week for the Fabulous Friday Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's still plenty hot here! Thankfully the shirt is made from a thin material; that's the only way I got away with wearing it. :) I'll be sure to check out your link-up!

      Delete