Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Black Midi Skirt

The past two days have been delightfully cool for Florida. I've woken up to temps in the 60s that warmed up to the low 80s with very low humidity. Pure bliss! Since Florida autumn is elusive, I decided to take advantage of the faux fall by wearing long sleeves, a mid-length skirt and closed-toe shoes. I chose light-weight fabrics to help stay nice and cool. As you can see, I'm still in my black and white rut, but decided to mix things up a little bit with leopard pumps.

I love this skirt's retro-vibe. I've been looking for a black midi skirt every since I missed out on the gorgeous one Banana Republic sold last year. After a lot of searching, I found this skirt from Eloquii (the Limited's plus size brand). It's made from a light-weight ponte, has a nice drape and is super comfortable. I bought it during the Labor Day sales for $25 and it's currently 40% off for $30. For reference, I'm wearing an 18 and find it to be true to size, if not just the tiniest touch big. I'm already thinking of all the great ways to wear it this fall/winter. With a gray sweater, gingham checks, maybe even plaid...I have a feeling this skirt is going going to be on major repeat.

Don't forget: Monday (September 21) is the Make it Work Monday link up! Simply link an outfit that is inspired by Pinterest, a fellow blogger, magazine or other inspiration. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Top: Loft (similar)
Skirt: Eloquii (exact currently 40% off, non-plus similar)
Shoes: Lands End via Sierra Trading Post (exact)
Purse: Lulu*s (exact)
Earrings: Kate Spade (exact)
Watch: Fossil (very similar)
Bracelet and Ring: Rocksbox (use code erinbff431 for a month free!)

//  I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore. //

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites of your recent outfits... I love that skirt! I don't think there's such thing as a black-and-white rut. There's just being super classy and wearing the classiest color combo on earth. With leopard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! I was a little self conscious about wearing it since it's not a look you see too much where I live, but I'm so glad I went for it anyway! That's one of my favorite things about blogging, finding idea and inspiration that I wouldn't normally see in my day to day life. :)

      Delete
  2. Love midi skirts! I am actually about to buy one, which is a little structured than this. I am contemplating on whether to get it in red or black!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both? I love the idea of a red midi skirt. I may have to add that to want list!

      Delete