Sunday, August 9, 2015

Week in Review: 8.9.15

Blue and blush: one  //  two  // three

Blog Love:
  • Bri has announced her August Third Thursday Threads Theme: Remixed skirts! Right now I'm leaning toward doing a remix my mustard floral pencil skirt (see it here). I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
  • I'm not much of a seamstress, but I love Kristina J.s tutorial on how to add a bodice to a strapless dress. One day I'm going to get over my fear of the sewing machine and do all these fabulous tutorials!
  • Fran from Franish has a transparent Q&A on how much she makes from blogging and other blogging related questions. I'm always interested on other fashion blogger's blogging practices, how they handle sponsorship, and even how much time they spend per post.
On Teal and Polka Dots:
  • On the blog: Making a lovely lace dress work-appropriate
  • On Instagram: Can't decide if I want to keep these red flats. They're gorgeous, bit the fit on right foot is a little funky. I need someone to tell me whether to keep them or not! I need validation. lol.  
  • On Twitter: We got a new (to us) car! It's a 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L and we looooove it!

Favorite Sales:

Personal:
  • Reading: I'm still working on Go Set a Watchman. It took me a little while to get into it, but it's getting better and better. I'm still rolling over the childhood baptism scene. 
  • Listening to: My iPod in our (new to us) car! 
  • Watching: We just watched the very last episode of The Office on Netflix. It's one of my favorite finale episodes. Kinda of sad it's over (again). :)
  • What I'm Crushing On: I just bought this super cute polka dot Kate Spade planner and now I think I need the sticky note set as well. Clothing-wise, I've been looking at tons of toddler stuff in anticipation of our Gatlinburg trip in late October. How precious is this floral puffer vest? She needs that for the mountains, right? And I need this dotted tippi sweater, right? Right. I'll be keeping an eye on it to see if it goes on sale. :)
  • Goal of the Month: I'm about a third of the way through the 30 Day Crunch Challenge. I've faithfully done all 9 days so far (up to 55 crunches!). I haven't noticed a physical difference, but I am able to do a lot more crunches than I could before, so I'm feeling stronger for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment