Sunday, August 23, 2015

Week in Review: 8.23.15


Boden Wow Pencil Skirt: one  //  two  //  three

Blog Love:
    • Briana from Work Clothes, I Suppose has a great post on the importance of creating a shopping list to address the holes in your closet after a major purge. I've been working up to doing to big closet clean out and I think it's so smart to make a list about what you need so you don't don't keep making the same buying mistakes. 
    • I have a major case of wanderlust right now, and Amanda from Sunkissed Sophisticate's post on five things you must do in NOLA is definitely speaking to me. I've never been to New Orleans, yet I only live about five hours from the Big Easy, so that's a situation that needs to be rectified ASAP. :) 
    • AJ from AJ Wears Clothes is killing it with her post One Week, One Dress. Every outfit looks completely unique, I would have never thought she was wearing the same dress over and over.

    On Teal and Polka Dots:
    • On the blog: A floral pencil skirt remix! One skirt, four outfits. I love finding new ways to wear old(er) clothes. Also, for your amusement, a year's worth of photo bloopers and celebrating Teal and Polka Dots turning one with a Q&A
    • On Instagram: Can't stop looking at my pretty pink toes! It's been over a year since I've had a pedicure, and it was pure bliss!  

    Favorite Sales:
    Personal:
    • Reading: The Wishing Thread by Lisa Van Allen. Well, actually, rereading. I first read this book while I was pregnant with Little Bit and (completely by coincidence) the main character's name is the same as my daughter's.  And it's all about knitting, one of my favorite hobbies. Win-win!
    • Listening to: The radio. 
    • Watching: I just watched the indie film "For a Good Time Call." It had good ratings, and Justin Long is in it, so I thought, why not? It was a cutesy movie, all about girl friendships, but definitely raunchy. But then again what else would expect when you watch a movie about two girls who become phone sex operators?
    • What I'm Crushing On: I want all the striped pretties from Boden. Especially this long-sleeve tee in black/ivory, this relax tunic in navy/ivory and especially these darling kelly green pointed-toe flats. Also, for all you K-12 and college/university educators and staff out there: you can qualify for $25 of a purchase of $75! I love that Boden is including staff in this deal; most of the time I don't qualify for university discounts since I'm not an educator.
    • Goal of the Month: I'm almost done with the 30 Day Crunch Challenge and I'm up to 110 crunches!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment