Sunday, August 16, 2015

Week in Review: 8.16.15

Stripes, stripes stripes: one // two // three

Blog Love:
  • I am majorly crushing on Meghan from Hayes Days white knit dress. It looks so cute with a cargo jacket and belt and now I want to go copy her look asap.
  • Merrick has a little girl's babydoll dress DIY that I'm itching to try. Now that Little Bit is moving toward toddler-hood and doing less and less crawling, I'm more comfortable in putting her in cute dresses for everyday wear. And this one looks so cute, easy and comfy!
  • Fran from Franish has a must read Do's and Dont's of Instagram post. I'll admit, there's a few things that I've been guilty of, like not having a consistent look, re-gramming my blog photos, using too many hashtags...the list goes on and on...

On Teal and Polka Dots:
  • On the blog: Making a (very) old dress work for my curvier figure and a reminder to get out and explore more. 
  • On Instagram: I may have found the world's largest baked potato. And it was delicious. 
  • I'm on Snapchat! User name: tealandpolkadot. It's mostly snaps of my sweet girl, general observations and whatever else strikes my fancy.

Favorite Sales:
Personal:
  • Reading: I briefly put Go Set a Watchman aside so I could read Horns for book club. I just finished it last night. It's strange, and dark, and not my usual book, but the story was interesting. If dark and twisted is your thing, then go for it!
  • Listening to: My husband just purchased Gunship and (surprisingly) they're pretty good! I only say surprisingly because 99% of the time I don't like my husband's taste in music. It's got an 80s, retro vibe going on; it's chill and perfect road trip music.
  • Watching: Last night I made the hubby watch one of my favorite rom-com movies: He's Just Not that Into You. I've probably seen it at least a 100 times, and I don't know how he managed not to watch it with me through (almost) four years of marriage and two years of dating, but, thankfully we managed to rectify that situation last night. :P
  • What I'm Crushing On: I don't care if it's a blogger cliche, I WANT the herringbone puffer vest. Sadly it doesn't fit into this month's budget, but if it's still available in September, it's on...unless someone wants to buy it for me as a present. :) I really want to add a gold boyfriend watch to my collection, and I really, really like this one from Fossil. It's simple, and has a clean, retro design. Love!
  • Goal of the Month: I'm halfway through the 30 Day Crunch Challenge. I've faithfully done all 16 days so far (up to 80 crunches!). I am feeling stronger, and just doing this one little thing has really been encouragement that I can go workout more. I get discouraged when I jump right in and can't keep up with all the super fit lades. It's all about the baby steps.

Coming up on Teal and Polka Dots:

This Thursday is the blog's one-year anniversary! To celebrate, I have a bunch of great posts lined up:
  • Monday: The first-ever Make it Work Monday linkup
  • Tuesday: Blooper Reel
  • Wednesday: Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore
  • Thursday: Linking up with Work Clothes I Suppose for a skirt remix
  • Friday: A Q&A session all about a year's worth of blogging, my outfit inspiration, favorite outfits, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment