Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pop(py) Red


What makes a black and white outfit so much better? Red flats. Especially these pretty perforated ones from Ann Taylor. I've been on the fence about keeping these shoes. When I first got them in the mail, I noticed the right shoe was bowing out a bit. I was worried it would drive me crazy, and I wanted to make room for other things in my budget, so decided to return them. But then I got lazy. After all, it's such a hassle to pack it back up, put it back in the shipping box (which I had accidentally thrown away) and then make the trek to the post office. So they sat at the house for a couple weeks looking so pretty, begging to be worn. What can I say? I caved. Some other items I thought were going to be in this month's budget didn't work out, and I sold some things on Ebay, so I had money to spare. I don't even feel guilty about keeping these beauties. I wore them all day and the bowing didn't bother me either. All that worry for nothing!

That being said, I don't think they're worth the $98 price tag, so wait until there's a sale. :) They're lovely, but the lining is synthetic which can lead to sweaty feet on hot August days. Also, the red bled onto my feet a little bit, not bad, but you wouldn't expect that from $100 shoes, right? Good thing I snagged them on sale.

Cardigan: Target (exact)
Shirt: Ann Taylor (similar)
Pants: The Limited (similar)
Shoes: Ann Taylor (exact)
Watch: Target (upgrade)
Bracelet: Loft (similar)
Earrings: Kate Spade (exact)

//Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore//

2 comments:

  1. Perfect pattern mixing! Love the pop of color too.

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! I was just talking to my stepmom last night about when she was my age she never would have mixed prints, everything needed to match. I'm so glad we're having more fun with fashion these days. :)

      Delete