Friday, August 7, 2015

Objects May Appear Larger (Better) in Real Life


This outfit looks great in real life, I promise! I just picked a badly lit spot to grab a few shots. I had planned on re-shooting, but instead we spent the afternoon buying our new (to us) car!

The kiddo has just moved into a larger car seat and it quickly became apparent that our beloved Honda Fit just wasn't going to cut it anymore. I love that car, but I don't love having my knees kiss the dash and having to sit in the upright and locked position. So, my husband traded in his 2001 Honda Accord, I got a Honda CR-V and he gets to have the Fit back. (I might have stolen it from him when he purchased it two years ago).

Something about buying an SUV seems so adult, maybe because it's a "family" vehicle. Either way, we love it. There's so much glorious space, we won't be packing groceries to the rooftops and car trips won't be torture any longer. We're going on a family vacation to Gaitlinburg in late October, which will be our first long car trip in the new car, I can't wait. Fall leaves, scarves, sweaters and real fall weather (that we never really have in Florida). So, lots of things to be excited about! I plan on doing a packing post much closer to time, but I'm already outfit planning...only three months...only three more months...

Anyway, back to the outfit. :) I decided to give this Ann Taylor top a try after seeing it on Franish. I love that it has a longer hemline and the embroidery on it is really pretty. It looks nice with black pants, but I can easily see it tucked into a pencil skirt and layered under a jacket or blazer this fall. Like I said before, these pictures aren't really doing it justice, but it really looks, and feels, nice on. The sleeves are slippery, but it was nothing my how to cuff/roll silky sleeve tutorial couldn't fix! Sadly, it's now sold out online in regular sizes, though there are a few tall and petite sizes still available.

Top: Ann Taylor (similar)
Pants: The Limited (similar)
Shoes: Target (pretty braided version)
Watch: Target (upgrade)
Ring: Charming Charlie (very similar)
Earrings: Baublebar (very similar)
Necklace: Reed's Jewelers (exact)


No comments:

Post a Comment