Monday, August 3, 2015

Nautrical Stripes and a Peach Cardi


I'm not ashamed to admit that I created my outfit around this J. Crew Factory necklace. I'm all heart eyes over the pretty color combination of peach, navy and white and the funky fringe. It's not something I would normally pick out and wear, but I saw it on Merrick a few weeks ago and instantly new I had to have it.

As I've mentioned about a million times this month, we're melting here in Florida. Then again, it's hot everywhere. This outfit was cool and comfortable in the office and I could easily ditch the sweater once I stepped outside. Yes, I know cardigans in summer are a bit ridiculous, but I'm an addict. They provide protection against the chill of air conditioning, instantly slim, and add a pop of color. The peach paired with stripes feels summery without being in your face bright colors.

Dress: Loft (exact)
Sweater: Target (similar)
Sandals: Target (similar)
Watch: Fossil (very similar)
Ring: Loft (similar)
Necklace: J. Crew Factory (exact)


If you are wondering what happened to Make it Work Mondays, instead of posting every Monday, it will be on the third Monday of the month. So, the next one will be Monday, August 17, and best part, it's now a linkup! The rules are simple: find a Pinterest pin that inspires you and use it to create your outfit. This is my first time hosting a linkup, so I *fingers crossed* that all goes well and folks want to participate. Pretty, please!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm planning to post for the Linkup! Now I just have to find something that I can make work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete