Thursday, August 13, 2015

Alterations Required


You know what blue suede heels are great for? Looking awesome. You know what they're not so great at? Hurrying down three flights of stairs during a work fire drill. Good thing it wasn't real, or me and my beautiful shoes would have been toast. Though in real life, I'd like to think I would have sacrificed the shoes, gone barefoot and saved my own skin.

Great shoes aside, I'm loving my refashioned top. A few weeks ago I mentioned I wasn't sure if I was going to keep this shirt or not because of the elasticized waistband. I decided to try cutting out the elastic, and I'm so glad I did! The shirt's still billowy, but now it hangs straight and no longer rides up. I was all set to donate this shirt, but now I think I'm going to keep it in my closet. I'm not a big alterations fan (unless I pay someone else to do it for me) but this was simple enough and worth it. I have the same shirt in orange and now I'm debating doing the same to it, and I have a pair of black jeans that I want to slim the legs to, so maybe it's time to go alterations crazy!

Top: Loft (similarish)
Pants: The Limited (similar)
Shoes: Madewell (exact in limited sizes)
Watch; Target (inexpensive, upgrade)
Ring: Pandora (exact)
Earrings: Origami Owl (very similar)
Necklace: Old Navy (very similar)
Bracelet: Loft (similar)


2 comments:

  1. I love the look of the altered shirt, and I love the black and blue combo -- the shoes put it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! I love a bright shoe. Next on my wishlist is a pair of hot pink pumps (insert heart eyes).

      Delete