Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Little Something Different


This outfit is all about breaking out of my clothing rut. I wore pieces I love, but normally wouldn't have thought to pair together. I got this lace dress from Ann Taylor back in May, but have only worn it once at my daughter's vintage-inspired first birthday party. The dress seemed too fancy for work, I'm not going to wear it to run errands, and I just wasn't sure what to do with it. It was making me sad to see it sitting in the closet unloved and unworn.

Determined to make it work, I decided to try pairing it with my coral blazer, heels and a belt. All together they really help make it more professional and I felt feminine and pretty in it all day. I finally feel like I've dressed for summer, and it only took me until August. Suggestions on how to wear it in the future?

Blazer: Target (similar)
Shoes: Lands End via Sierra Trading Post (exact on sale for $19!!!)
Belt: Old Navy (similar)
Watch: Fossil (very similar)
Bracelet: Urbanite (similar)
Necklace: Slate c/o Rocksbox (use code erinbff431 a month free!)
Earrings: Kendra Scott c/o Rocksbox (exact) (use code erinbff431 a month free!)
Ring: Gorgana c/o Rocksbox (exact) (use code erinbff431 a month free!)


This outfit is loosely inspired by Still Being Molly's fun take on a cream lace dress with a yellow belt and boots. Don't forget, the inaugural Make it Work Monday linkup goes live August 17. The rules are simple: find a Pinterest pin that inspires you and use it to create your outfit. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it paired with the cream blazer. I think it would be great out to dinner with flats and a cardigan to dress down the lace a little. It's a gorgeous dress though! So pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be pretty with a cardigan! I'll have to save if for a (kid-free) date night. I'm having nightmares about little grubby fingers and snot all over my dress. :) Thanks for the suggestions!

      Delete