Thursday, July 23, 2015

To Keep or Not to Keep


I've been going through my closet and slowly deciding what to keep and what to sell/donate. Anything I'm not sure about, I wear again to see if I can still make it work and if I still like it. This shirt is one of those items. I originally had it in the donate pile, but I really do love the lightness of the fabric, the 3/4 sleeves and the bold, blue pattern. You can't see it in these pictures, but the bottom is elasticized, which gives it a very full, unflattering look. I'm debating if I could undo the a side seam, remove the elastic and sew it up back up. Doesn't seem like it would be too complicated, right? Just seems like a bit of a hassle.

I haven't had a lot of luck selling on ebay lately, so I decided to give ThredUp a try. If you're unfamiliar, it's basically an online clothing consignment store where you can both sell and buy. I ordered a kit to sell a few weeks ago and it arrived earlier this week. You can get about a laundry hamper's worth of clothes and shoes into one bag. Shipping is free both ways, and you can drop it off at the post office or FedEx. Only brand name clothes are accepted, think J. Crew, Loft, etc. Clothing has to be in like-new condition. From other reviewers, I've heard that it can take about a month to process the bag, and payouts are done via store credit, paypal or you can donate to a cause. I don't expect to get a lot, but it's better than having unwanted clothes sitting around cluttering up my closet!

Shirt: Loft (sleeveless option)
Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Skirt: Loft (similar)
Sandals: Target (exact, glitter option)
Purse: Coach (very similar)
Watch: Fossil (similar)
Necklace: Gift from my dad (similar)
Ring: Pandora (exact)
Earrings: Origami Owl (similar)

2 comments:

  1. Why bother arts-and-crafting the shirt -- it looks great tucked in! I love your bag, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tucked in is great, but I like the idea of having the flexibility to wear it with pants or shorts as well. :) I love this bag, I pretty much carry it every single day. I've had it for over a year now and it's held up great!

      Delete